Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • soolin
    • By soolin 8th Aug 18, 10:50 AM
    • 60,694Posts
    • 43,300Thanks
    soolin
    Important business seller changes
    • 8th Aug 18, 10:50 AM
    Important business seller changes 8th Aug 18 at 10:50 AM
    I found this in the latest business seller updates:

https://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/business/news/autumn2018/presale-phone-numbers

"In response to your feedback, we’ve started a test that allows you to list a customer service phone number for pre-sale questions from your buyers."

anyone used it at all?

It does go on to say

"Reminder about selling off-eBay
    As per our Offers to buy or sell outside eBay policy, we don’t allow our members to use eBay to contact each other to make offers to buy or sell items outside of eBay.
    If you receive an offer to buy or sell outside of eBay, please report it."

so there is obviously a mechanism to police it somehow.

This bit I don't really understand so will have to take a better look:

https://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/business/news/autumn2018/new-changes-for-https

For those who do not update tracking details automatically this change is worth noting:
    https://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/business/news/autumn2018/aftersales-improvements
    We’re providing you with more visibility into “Item not as described” and “Item not received” requests in the form of a dashboard on the Seller Hub.
    After 26 September 2018, you’ll be required to upload tracking information onto the site within the estimated delivery date, in order for eBay to protect you against “Item not received” claims.

This post is a bit long so I'm going to add some in a different post as there is one very important change we need to be aware of.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 8th Aug 18, 10:55 AM
    • 60,694 Posts
    • 43,300 Thanks
    soolin
    • 8th Aug 18, 10:55 AM
    • 8th Aug 18, 10:55 AM
    This one is the one that is making a lot of sellers VERY unhappy (quite a few clothes and shoe sellers where people misjudge their own size and invent an SNAD to get a free return) as purely due to the nature of what they sell they have a lot of returns:

https://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/business/news/autumn2018/aftersales-improvements
    From 1 October 2018, for the small number of sellers with a very high “Item not as described” rating compared to similar sellers in the same category, you will incur a 4% final value fee surcharge.

In fact it is probably worth checking your statistics now, as I know some sellers have had to adjust their selling to take into account this being a retrospective step, where previously we have always insisted on a buyer opening a returns case, this could now come back and bite us.

Starting from 1 October 2018, a small number of sellers with very high rates of “Item not as described” open requests will incur an additional 4% final value fee surcharge in the categories where they are judged to have “very high” “Item not as described” open requests. The small number of sellers with these high rates will receive an email notification on a monthly basis, prompting them to check out their rates on the dashboard and explore tips on how to to improve their rates.
    Maximum fee caps do not apply to the additional 4 percent final value fee that is charged to sellers who are not meeting our minimum performance standards or who are rated “very high” in open “Item not as described” return requests. If a seller is rated Very High in a category, but has fewer than 10 “Item not as described” open returns or their “Item not as described” rate is under 1% in a specific category during the evaluation period, they will not be subject to this increased fee. For more information on how our final value fees are calculated, please have a look through our fees page.
    For help understanding service metrics, competitive insights and peer benchmarks, please go to our Seller Centre for a more detailed explanation.

Just looking at mine my overall figure shows as 0.75% so is fine, but...in one category I have only sold 55 things in the last 3 months and have had one SNAD which means in that category my figure is 1.82%, so one more SNAD in that category and I am getting very close to the additional 4% penalty (and it is a penalty whichever way ebay actually try and justify it.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • goodfella66
    • By goodfella66 9th Aug 18, 6:54 AM
    • 263 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    goodfella66
    • 9th Aug 18, 6:54 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 6:54 AM
    in one category I have only sold 55 things in the last 3 months and have had one SNAD which means in that category my figure is 1.82%, so one more SNAD in that category and I am getting very close to the additional 4% penalty (and it is a penalty whichever way ebay actually try and justify it.
    It does say if you have fewer than 10 returns in one category you won't be subject to the penalty.

What I would like to know are they just comparing in the category or will they break it down between used and new. I'd consider it unfair if they were comparing new items sold with used items. It surely should be like for like only.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 9th Aug 18, 8:30 AM
    • 60,694 Posts
    • 43,300 Thanks
    soolin
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:30 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:30 AM
    It does say if you have fewer than 10 returns in one category you won't be subject to the penalty.

What I would like to know are they just comparing in the category or will they break it down between used and new. I'd consider it unfair if they were comparing new items sold with used items. It surely should be like for like only.
    Originally posted by goodfella66
    Apparently that can be read two ways, some sellers have been told that they will be subject to the 4% penalty as long as they have 10 sales in the category- it's one of the things people are arguing about on other forums. Some people are already receiving warning emails saying they are likely to be subject to the hold as overall across all categories they have 10 SNAD returns. It does not differentiate between new and second hand, and a lot of clothes sellers, even those that sell good quality but 2nd hand are seeing the likelihood of a 4% penalty.

AS usual what ebay write and what they actually mean are not necessarily the same. Bear in mind as well that this is retrospective, so whilst we have been encouraging SNAD buyers to open cases it may now count against us. Ebay have precedence for penalising us for following the rules at the time, and then changing them.
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

186Posts Today

2,697Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin