Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JeffBezos
    • By JeffBezos 8th Aug 18, 8:55 AM
    • 31Posts
    • 5Thanks
    JeffBezos
    Incorrect wording of location on pcn private land
    • 8th Aug 18, 8:55 AM
    Incorrect wording of location on pcn private land 8th Aug 18 at 8:55 AM
    Advice needed please.

If the NtK/PCN sent to me ( for being parked on private land (via anpr) has the wrong location on it is that alone enough to win a popla appeal?

If the area is referred to as a "yard 6" for example and there is no "yard 6' BUT there is a specifically signed "area 6" does that cancel the PCN or not?

Thanks!
Page 1
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 8th Aug 18, 9:01 AM
    • 3,784 Posts
    • 6,229 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:01 AM
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:01 AM
    Jeff - two things

1. Don't use your own name and as the richest man on the planet, why are you bothered.

2. If you both agree the car was there, the minor errors don't count.
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to RTFM - the Civil Procedure Rules
    2. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend- See #1
    3. Failing to RTFCL - the Court letters
    4. Template defences that say nothing - See #1
    5. Forgetting about the Witness Statement - See #3
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Aug 18, 9:28 AM
    • 11,002 Posts
    • 10,969 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:28 AM
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:28 AM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 8th Aug 18, 9:31 AM
    • 38,039 Posts
    • 85,376 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:31 AM
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:31 AM
    Short answer, no.

If this is to do with your other thread, you should only post there, not start another thread.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 8th Aug 18, 9:34 AM
    • 3,400 Posts
    • 2,365 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:34 AM
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:34 AM
    Is this related to your other thread? If so you should stick to the one thread and post your question on there.

Regulars on here often use the rule of "De Minimis" the law does not concern itself with trifles in order to say that getting one digit wrong when entering VRM in a PDT machine is a trifle. Would this not be the same principle in reverse?
    • JeffBezos
    • By JeffBezos 8th Aug 18, 1:26 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    JeffBezos
    • 8th Aug 18, 1:26 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 1:26 PM
    OK thanks all - I left it in anyway.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

937Posts Today

5,820Users online

Martin's Twitter