Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AlexDao
    • By AlexDao 8th Aug 18, 2:12 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    AlexDao
    0 WOW
    Monchique Algarve Wildfire
    • 8th Aug 18, 2:12 AM
    0 WOW
    Monchique Algarve Wildfire 8th Aug 18 at 2:12 AM
    Hi all

I previously booked a long weekend trip to the Macdonald Monchique hotel in Algarve Portugal.
    You may have seen that this hotel was evacuated a couple days ago due to the spreading wildfire.

My trip is this weekend and of course Iím unsure that itís even possible to get and whether itís safe.

Whatís the best plan of action?
    Iíve tried contacting the hotel booking agency but was only told that because I booked a ďnon refundableĒ trip, it cannot be cancelled.
    I paid via American Express and also have travel insurance but unsure what could and would cover me?

Thanks all
Page 1
    • Westin
    • By Westin 8th Aug 18, 7:46 AM
    • 1,542 Posts
    • 1,133 Thanks
    Westin
    • 8th Aug 18, 7:46 AM
    • 8th Aug 18, 7:46 AM
    Have you tried to contact the hotel directly to ask?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,049Posts Today

8,997Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @kelsher123: @MartinSLewis First time switcher! And no, it wasn?t as challenging as I thought???? A British Gas customer so no brainier. Th?

• Agreed but by marketing it as cough specific people think there's something extra so they buy this rather than gene? https://t.co/hATY3W8Yia

• Good news for those aggressively criticising this poll and trying to pull it apart. I've just got off a 3 way call? https://t.co/Pu750aktyg

• Follow Martin