Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • flissyann
    • By flissyann 8th Aug 18, 12:22 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    flissyann
    BT issues with BB speed
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:22 AM
    BT issues with BB speed 8th Aug 18 at 12:22 AM
    Advice please!
    We moved 5 years ago and found that our new house is not eligible for fibre broadband. The closest we can get
    To super speed is virgin!
    I did a speed test today - I do them Regularly as a matter of course to keep an eye on the speed. Were on the lowest B.B. package from by. BT unlimited and tonight at 11.40, our download speed was 3.8mb and upload was 900kb. Its so slow it cuts out regularly.
    I noticed upon checking my connection on the hub manager that we have a secondhand home hub 4. Is this usual practice? Will this be affecting our speed? I want to be armed before I confront by about this issue. I know this could be a difficult road!!
    Many thanks in advance for any support you can give me!
Page 1
    • littleboo
    • By littleboo 8th Aug 18, 7:24 AM
    • 623 Posts
    • 298 Thanks
    littleboo
    • 8th Aug 18, 7:24 AM
    • 8th Aug 18, 7:24 AM
    What speed estimates were you given, what do you normally get and how are you testing the speed? It should be tested using a wired connection.
    What do you mean when you say you noticed you have a second hand hub ?
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 8th Aug 18, 8:33 AM
    • 11,399 Posts
    • 5,010 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 8th Aug 18, 8:33 AM
    • 8th Aug 18, 8:33 AM
    What does hub manager give as sync speed .
    Be aware that an Open Reach engineer visit will cost you 130 if the fault is at your side of the master socket .

Have you used your BT Members Help pages/ community forum .

https://community.bt.com/
    Last edited by JJ Egan; 08-08-2018 at 8:48 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,412Posts Today

5,986Users online

Martin's Twitter