Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Incredulous
    • By Incredulous 8th Aug 18, 12:07 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Incredulous
    Log-in absurdities.
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:07 AM
    Log-in absurdities. 8th Aug 18 at 12:07 AM
    This website is driving me mad! It wouldn't recognise my log-in details, so I had to go through the forgot my password rigmarole. Then four times it wouldn!!!8217;t recognise the new password I had been sent!!! So back to square one. It recognised that new password, allowed me to change my password, then wouldn!!!8217;t accept the new changed password!!! Then I was told I had been locked out for fifteen minutes. So, back to square one. Happily it accepted this and the new password I changed to, but by then I had totally lost the thread I wanted to add to and could not find it anywhere (about the BT price hikes.)

The final straw was my starting a new thread, typing a message, clicking on submit new thread only to be told I had to log in again!!! I did so and guess what...all my message had disappeared!!

I don!!!8217;t have this trouble with any other site. What is going on???

PS I have just clicked on !!!8220;edit!!!8221; and saved again after amending typos and the resulting version had all kinds of punctuation gobbledygook where the apostrophes and quotation marks should be! There is something very wrong here.
    Last edited by Incredulous; 08-08-2018 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Amend spelling
Page 1
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 8th Aug 18, 9:17 AM
    • 9,220 Posts
    • 22,051 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:17 AM
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:17 AM
    Thank you for the feedback Incredulous.

I'm sorry you've had such a rigmarole. Could you let us know if you have any more problems?

Thank you!
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 12th Aug 18, 4:22 AM
    • 3,204 Posts
    • 3,326 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 12th Aug 18, 4:22 AM
    • 12th Aug 18, 4:22 AM
    This website is driving me mad! It wouldn't recognise my log-in details, so I had to go through the forgot my password rigmarole. Then four times it wouldn!!!8217;t recognise the new password I had been sent!!! So back to square one. It recognised that new password, allowed me to change my password, then wouldn!!!8217;t accept the new changed password!!! Then I was told I had been locked out for fifteen minutes. So, back to square one. Happily it accepted this and the new password I changed to, but by then I had totally lost the thread I wanted to add to and could not find it anywhere (about the BT price hikes.)

The final straw was my starting a new thread, typing a message, clicking on submit new thread only to be told I had to log in again!!! I did so and guess what...all my message had disappeared!!

I don!!!8217;t have this trouble with any other site. What is going on???

PS I have just clicked on !!!8220;edit!!!8221; and saved again after amending typos and the resulting version had all kinds of punctuation gobbledygook where the apostrophes and quotation marks should be! There is something very wrong here.
    Originally posted by Incredulous
    The problem with the apostrophes/numbers is an ongoing one - been happening for at least 6 months but the technical people can't solve it. A "workround" is what they suggest, turn off Smart Punctuation and don't copy and paste from Word is another one I think.
    • ex2t633w
    • By ex2t633w 13th Aug 18, 3:32 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ex2t633w
    • 13th Aug 18, 3:32 PM
    Me Too !!
    • 13th Aug 18, 3:32 PM
    Same problem logging in !!
    Received email with new password----- faithfully typed in my old one, then typed in my new chosen one, then message said " this is not your present password !!!". NO !! because I just went through rigmarole of getting email to change it !! So why is it not accepting details MSE have sent me ??
    Tried it 3 times, same result, then suddenly I had " welcome" message ------ but no idea which password out of the 3 attempts worked ! So next time I try to login I don't know which of the 3 passwords emailed to me is the correct one !! Infuriating !! This feels like trying to enter a secret society or something !!!:mad
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 24th Aug 18, 10:49 AM
    • 9,220 Posts
    • 22,051 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    • 24th Aug 18, 10:49 AM
    • 24th Aug 18, 10:49 AM
    Hi folks

Those of you who were having log-in problems. Are you still having them?
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,461Posts Today

8,962Users online

Martin's Twitter