Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scotthw
    • By Scotthw 7th Aug 18, 7:28 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Scotthw
    Further advance on a new mortage
    • 7th Aug 18, 7:28 PM
    Further advance on a new mortage 7th Aug 18 at 7:28 PM
    Hi everyone
    Iím currently in the process of completing on my house with a NatWest mortage. House is £350,000 and Iíve got a mortage for £137,000 (I put £213,000 as a deposit). Itís due to complete within the next week or two.

What Iíd like to know, is how quickly can you apply for a further advance on the mortage? An opportunity has come up (BTL investment) where I need £100,000

Affordability wise, I should meet the criteria. The LTV should be ok as my house is £350,000 and it would bring the total up to £237,000.

Just wondering if anybody else has found themselves in the situation of getting a further advance quickly. Do I need to be so many months into the mortage before Iím allowed to get an advance.

Many thanks
Page 1
    • middleclassbutpoor
    • By middleclassbutpoor 7th Aug 18, 8:32 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 366 Thanks
    middleclassbutpoor
    • 7th Aug 18, 8:32 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 8:32 PM
    Surely its just cheaper to alter the purchase price/LTV before you complete?
    • ACG
    • By ACG 7th Aug 18, 8:35 PM
    • 17,969 Posts
    • 9,753 Thanks
    ACG
    • 7th Aug 18, 8:35 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 8:35 PM
    6 months before you apply, it will then probably be around a month before the funds are released.

Personally I would alter the LTV of this application (and presumably the product) if you need the money sooner rather than later.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • sparkey1
    • By sparkey1 7th Aug 18, 10:07 PM
    • 439 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    sparkey1
    • 7th Aug 18, 10:07 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 10:07 PM
    Can you not get a BTL mortgage for the 100K?

I suspect if you try to borrow more, you will have to choose a different deal which will probably be more expensive overall due to the higher LTV. It could also delay your current offer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

98Posts Today

2,957Users online

Martin's Twitter