Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TeachersPet74
    • By TeachersPet74 7th Aug 18, 6:46 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    TeachersPet74
    Payment
    • 7th Aug 18, 6:46 PM
    Payment 7th Aug 18 at 6:46 PM
    Hi,
    I currently pay CM for my 17 year old daughter. I!!!8217;ve had no contact with her since she walked out just over two years ago (a teenage tantrum). I understand she is going to university in September and wondered if anyone knows what happens about CM. It is heartbreaking paying it knowing that her Father will not be spending it on her. I have paid without fuss despite the pittance he begrudgingly paid me for 8 years but I absolutely do not want to give him a penny more than I need to.

Many thanks
    Last edited by TeachersPet74; 07-08-2018 at 6:49 PM.
Page 1
    • WYSPECIAL
    • By WYSPECIAL 8th Aug 18, 7:33 AM
    • 361 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    WYSPECIAL
    • 8th Aug 18, 7:33 AM
    • 8th Aug 18, 7:33 AM
    On what basis do you pay?

Assume if going to uni this year she will be 18 next few weeks? If your paying via CMS case will end first Monday in September which this year is the 3rd
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 8th Aug 18, 1:12 PM
    • 5,899 Posts
    • 6,187 Thanks
    Comms69
    • 8th Aug 18, 1:12 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 1:12 PM
    Hi,
    I currently pay CM for my 17 year old daughter. I!!!8217;ve had no contact with her since she walked out just over two years ago (a teenage tantrum). I understand she is going to university in September and wondered if anyone knows what happens about CM. It is heartbreaking paying it knowing that her Father will not be spending it on her. I have paid without fuss despite the pittance he begrudgingly paid me for 8 years but I absolutely do not want to give him a penny more than I need to.

Many thanks
    Originally posted by TeachersPet74

Im confused - you don't see your daughter, so presumably she lives with him full time.

So he must provide food, clothes, utilities, a home? So how can you say he's not spending it on her?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,124Posts Today

7,673Users online

Martin's Twitter