Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pixelkiller
    • By pixelkiller 7th Aug 18, 6:46 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    pixelkiller
    I rang Debt Recovery Plus, not sure what to do now
    • 7th Aug 18, 6:46 PM
    I rang Debt Recovery Plus, not sure what to do now 7th Aug 18 at 6:46 PM
    Hello all,

I have recently received a PCN from Vehicle Control Services LTD, parking at the Peel Centre in Gloucester. I was an hour over my stay.

The first letter we received and just shelved it as we were busy. Then we went on holiday and after coming back found that the final notice letter had arrived while we were away. The first charge was 60, the final was 100.

At this point not knowing what to do, as i didn't think to check this site was to e-mail Vehicle Control Services to say that i would be happy to pay the 60 fine but not the new rather high charge.

They didn't respond to this e-mail, and now i have had a letter from DRP, as the title of this post says i rang them, i asked if they could reduce the now 160 charge and the lady on the other end of the line explained she could not. I asked for the Vehicle Control Services contact number so i could speak to someone there and she said they don't have any call centres because it would have been too much hassle for them.

She had said that she would reduce the amount to 120 but i would have to pay it outright and i couldn't go onto a payment plan for it, It was then that i said i would have to talk to my partner about this as we don't currently have that amount of money to pay so she said she had made a note of it on the system.

After speaking to my partner she told me to search this site where i found out you should never phone these companies but no reason as to why.

Im a little more scared now as i think i may have put myself in it and there may not be a way out of just paying the 60.

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 7th Aug 18, 6:49 PM
    • 3,902 Posts
    • 5,094 Thanks
    waamo
    • 7th Aug 18, 6:49 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 6:49 PM
    At the top of this board is a thread that tells Newbies to read it first. You need to read it, especially the bit about the debt collectors stage which is where you are now at.

In short do not under any circumstances contact them again.
    This space for hire.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 7th Aug 18, 6:57 PM
    • 8,140 Posts
    • 10,677 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 7th Aug 18, 6:57 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 6:57 PM
    Hey pixelkiller, why are you contacting retards ???????
    DRP IN PARTICULAR

THEY ARE POWERLESS SEWER LIVING IDIOTS

THEY CANNOT DO ANYTHING AND THEY LIE.

Get with it, read about retardss
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74617829#post74617829
    Last edited by beamerguy; 07-08-2018 at 7:00 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Aug 18, 7:08 PM
    • 18,868 Posts
    • 23,856 Thanks
    Redx
    • 7th Aug 18, 7:08 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 7:08 PM
    the reason you do not ring these sc@mmers is because they are merely debt collectors acting on behalf of the claimant and they have no power whatsoever

VCS could try a court case within 6 years , or any solicitors they may appoint

all DRP / ZENITH can do is send scary letters and bend the truth in the hope they will get paid as they work on a no win no fee basis

there is absolutley no point in ringing them, none at all , they can do nothing to you

see post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Aug 18, 7:35 PM
    • 8,684 Posts
    • 8,599 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 7th Aug 18, 7:35 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 7:35 PM
    Another reason not to ring them is that they will ask you questions that trick you into giving away the driver's details.

For example:

Them: "there was a big sign where you parked the car"
    You: "no there wasn't. there was no sign visible where I parked"

Hey presto!! They now know who the driver is.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 7th Aug 18, 8:06 PM
    • 9,968 Posts
    • 9,765 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 7th Aug 18, 8:06 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 8:06 PM
    You may kill pixies, but you will not land a blow on a PPC unless you learn the rules of the game.

Never admit who was driving, (but you probably have already), never contact debt collectors, never pay a scammer unless a judge orders you to, and, (very important), READ THE STICKIES.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    Last edited by The Deep; 07-08-2018 at 8:08 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 7th Aug 18, 8:45 PM
    • 1,152 Posts
    • 2,186 Thanks
    Johnersh
    • 7th Aug 18, 8:45 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 8:45 PM
    Pixels not pixies!

Tell them to get .... (It begins with an F and ends with a D and it's not fraud)

Although some may argue this parking nonsense might just be exactly that
    "The best advice I ever got was that knowledge is power and to keep reading."
    DISCLAIMER: I post thoughts as & when they occur. I don't advise. You are your own person and decision-maker. I'm unlikely to respond to DMs seeking personal advice. It's ill-advised & you lose the benefit of a group "take" on events.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Aug 18, 9:21 PM
    • 18,922 Posts
    • 29,795 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 7th Aug 18, 9:21 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 9:21 PM
    i found out you should never phone these companies but no reason as to why.
    Im a little more scared now as i think i may have put myself in it
    You've just highlighted exactly the reason why!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • pixelkiller
    • By pixelkiller 7th Aug 18, 9:27 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pixelkiller
    • 7th Aug 18, 9:27 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 9:27 PM
    Thanks for the responses. While on the phone or in my contact I only mentioned the letters received, I never admitted to being the one driving.

I'll just keep ignoring and see what happens, they have my mobile number now though so I assume they will try ringing me all the time on top of sending me the letters.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Aug 18, 9:32 PM
    • 8,684 Posts
    • 8,599 Thanks
    KeithP
    ...they have my mobile number now though so I assume they will try ringing me all the time on top of sending me the letters.
    Originally posted by pixelkiller
    And that's another reason for not phoning them.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Aug 18, 9:46 PM
    • 18,922 Posts
    • 29,795 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    they have my mobile number now though so I assume they will try ringing me all the time
    The first time they phone, you block their number. Contact your mobile phone provider if you don't know how to.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

178Posts Today

1,379Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin