Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Steve Mellor
    • By Steve Mellor 7th Aug 18, 6:28 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Steve Mellor
    Excel Parking Services
    • 7th Aug 18, 6:28 PM
    Excel Parking Services 7th Aug 18 at 6:28 PM
    Hi all.
    I have fallen foul of the infamous parking sharks Excel Parking Services.
    I ride a motorbike and parked in one of their sites. I purchased my ticket. The signs simply said "Motorbikes to purchase a valid ticket and clearly display at all times.
    This left me with the dilemma of Where do I display it so as the wind does not blow it away or a would be opportunist does not take it for their own use.
    After much deliberation , I put it on the underside of my top Box , where , it was reasonably protected from the wind , thieves would not easily see it and would easily be seen by the parking officer when searching for it. All of this witnessed bu my partner who was my pillion passenger.
    Motorcyclists are used to buying tickets and keeping them with them , or parking in separate bays.
    I returned to my bike after an hour and drove away blissfully unaware of any infringement. The ticket I just left in position.
    Ten days later an invoice ( it is that as only the Police or Government can issue a penalty fine) arrived at my home with a demand for 100 for failure to display a valid ticket. There were some photographs on the site I was directed to , showing m the top of my bike only. Also there was a photograph of something they had stuck to my fuel tank that was clearly not there when I returned.
    I told them I paid it and where I displayed it as , there was no guidance from them as to where it should be put so their officer knew where to look for a valid ticket as he does with a car.I told them my partner had witnessed this.
    They were totally uninterested and was told if I disagreed with their invoice , I was to appeal to their appeals department. I duly did this and , inevitably , the appeal was dismissed. I was then told if i wanted to appeal further I had to use the" Independent Appeals Service"
    This is , as everybody knows , far from independent. The director of excel also sits on the steering commitee of the IPC that operate the IAS who in turn are the Directors of Gladstones who are the Solicitors acting for the parking sharks.
    I will stop at this point , as it is a bit long , just to see if there is anyone here that has had any experience with a motorbike like me
    Last edited by Steve Mellor; 18-08-2018 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Wrong information supplied
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 18th Aug 18, 1:58 PM
    • 9,858 Posts
    • 10,188 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 18th Aug 18, 1:58 PM
    • 18th Aug 18, 1:58 PM
    If you have user your real name as your forum username, then best you get it changed to something more anonymous.

To do that, read this short extract from The MSE Forum Guide - Frequently Asked Questions & Rules:
    Q. How can I change my username?

A.
    In most circumstances, this is not permitted.

The only reason we will change your username is if it puts your privacy at risk. This usually means you've inadvertently registered using your name, email address or something that gives away your identity within your username.

If you fall into this category, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com and request that it is changed, giving three alternative usernames in order of preference.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 18th Aug 18, 2:16 PM
    • 37,569 Posts
    • 84,506 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 18th Aug 18, 2:16 PM
    • 18th Aug 18, 2:16 PM
    In my biker days I used a second tax disc holder on the front forks with a screw front for putting parking tickets in.
    You can probably still get them. Just make sure you take a time-stamped photo of the ticket in the holder when you park. This obviously doesn't help with your current problem, but may assist you in the future.
    This applies to vehicles with fold down windscreens. A friend of mine bolted a tax disc holder to the front nearside wheel arch on his ex army Champ with folding windscreen.
    The same could still be done for classic or sports cars with fold flat windscreens.

Please do complain to the landowner/retail manager, and your MP about this unregulated scam.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 18-08-2018 at 2:19 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 18th Aug 18, 4:32 PM
    • 8,826 Posts
    • 11,709 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 18th Aug 18, 4:32 PM
    • 18th Aug 18, 4:32 PM
    I have never been a biker and never really thought
    about how you would display such tickets.

Hope you still have the receipt ticket as a judge would
    find this most amusing if Excel fancied wasting the courts
    time yet again.

You are right, the whole Excel/Simon-Renshaw -Smith/
    IPC/IAS/Gladstones setup is a scam
    Gladstones dreamed up the scam.
    Even the SRA cannot see the wood from the trees which
    in turn makes the SRA not fit for purpose

MP's and government are fully aware of the scam and the
    future new code of practice by government hopefully will
    address this.
    https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

No point in appealing to the scam IPC, they work for
    the scammers

Sooner or later you will get drivel from debt collectors
    telling you lies and YOU IGNORE EVERYTHING and never
    make contact.

If Excel want to take it further and no doubt try to waste
    more of the courts time, come back here for help
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 25th Aug 18, 8:34 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,669 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 25th Aug 18, 8:34 PM
    • 25th Aug 18, 8:34 PM
    see if there is anyone here that has had any experience with a motorbike like me
    Yes - if you search the word motorbike (advanced search of this forum only, change to show results as posts, not 'threads') you will see threads, including one from last month.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,268Posts Today

7,616Users online

Martin's Twitter