Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    • MSE Kelvin
    • By MSE Kelvin 7th Aug 18, 5:45 PM
    • 34Posts
    • 86Thanks
    MSE Kelvin
    9 WOW
    Discuss the Driving in Europe guide
    • #1
    • 7th Aug 18, 5:45 PM
    9 WOW
    Discuss the Driving in Europe guide 7th Aug 18 at 5:45 PM

    Hello there,

    We've written a new guide to Driving in Europe and would love your feedback on it.

    Please let us know if you find it helpful, what improvements we could make and if there are any other tips you think we should add.

    Thanks for your help!

    MSE Kelvin
    Last edited by MSE Kelvin; 08-08-2018 at 4:12 PM. Reason: Amending link error.

    Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story:
Page 2
    • Felix49
    • By Felix49 9th Aug 18, 2:11 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    The advice to remove headlight converters on return to the UK is at best unnecessary and at worst a con (i.e. by the retailers of converters, which aren't that cheap if you make several trips a year buying new ones each time). I've left converters on my car for at least the past 3 years, covering several trips a year to Europe. The effect of the converters is simply to cut out glare from the segment of headlight designed to illuminate road signs on the left in the UK. To be honest I've never really noticed the loss of that feature when driving with converters in the UK. Importantly the existence of converters on headlights in the UK doesn't affect passing the MoT. So my advice is to leave them on permanently and save money!
    • lovesgshp
    • By lovesgshp 12th Aug 18, 4:05 PM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 723 Thanks
    Hope this amuses some of you. Most of it is very true as have seen it after 12 odd years here.

    Written by a Italian ........ enjoy.
    As Manuel says in Fawlty Towers: " I Know Nothing"
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 18th Aug 18, 8:37 AM
    • 32,337 Posts
    • 20,338 Thanks
    It used to be the case that petrol station forecourts that are next to the supermarket (like in the UK) aren't open as late like here, you may find some pumps are 24 hours but its a luck of the draw if your card is accepted. The fuel from the supermarkets used to be cheaper so Id always use them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

175Posts Today

1,443Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,?

  • RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

  • Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more?

  • Follow Martin