Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Trent_SC
    • By Trent_SC 7th Aug 18, 4:24 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Trent_SC
    Declaring work while receiving ESA
    • 7th Aug 18, 4:24 PM
    Declaring work while receiving ESA 7th Aug 18 at 4:24 PM
    Hi,

Apologies for diving in with a request for advice...

I'm currently receiving income-based ESA after a breakdown earlier this year. I'm signed off work, but a short opportunity for a couple of days' freelance work has come up which I think I can cope with.

Under normal circumstances I'd invoice half up front and half when the writing project is complete, but I'm wondering how best to structure my declaration to the DWP - I want to ensure I follow the rules as much as possible. Both halves will take me over the threshold for earnings, and I'm fine with losing benefit for the period that I declare. The question is, though, what do I declare and when do I declare it.

Do I declare the work as I do it (in one block of 2-3 days), or the income as I receive it (in 2 tranches as it's paid)?

Thanks in advance.

TSC
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 7th Aug 18, 5:39 PM
    • 3,577 Posts
    • 3,439 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 7th Aug 18, 5:39 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 5:39 PM
    You need to get permission before doing any work. For permitted work rules see this link.
    https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Permitted-Work-Rules
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,391Posts Today

8,288Users online

Martin's Twitter