Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Victoria.
    • By Victoria. 7th Aug 18, 4:05 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Victoria.
    Change supplier before moving house?
    • 7th Aug 18, 4:05 PM
    Change supplier before moving house? 7th Aug 18 at 4:05 PM
    Hi all, new here. Need some advice please.
    I move house 18th August. Iím currently with SSE & know I can save money by switching. But Iím moving into a bigger property so I know that might make a difference...
    Should I cancel with SSE & move into house & go with EDF (previous owner currently with at new house) take SSE with us, or cancel SSE & start a new account with a different supplier altogether??
    Thanks in advance !!!128578;
Page 1
    • D_M_E
    • By D_M_E 7th Aug 18, 4:44 PM
    • 1,666 Posts
    • 63,775 Thanks
    D_M_E
    • 7th Aug 18, 4:44 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 4:44 PM
    You have no choice - when you move, read the money meters and call whoever supplies the new property and tell them who you are and that you are now resposible for the energy supplies from the day you moved in and give them the readings you took on the day.

They should then set you up with an account and you are then free to switch to a supplier of your choice once you have the account set up.
    • Victoria.
    • By Victoria. 7th Aug 18, 4:55 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Victoria.
    • 7th Aug 18, 4:55 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 4:55 PM
    Thanks so much for your reply. I!!!8217;ll get on to SSE to cancel !!!55357;!!!56898;
    • D_M_E
    • By D_M_E 7th Aug 18, 6:10 PM
    • 1,666 Posts
    • 63,775 Thanks
    D_M_E
    • 7th Aug 18, 6:10 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 6:10 PM
    Just give SSE your move out date and the final meter reads on that date - don't do it until then or you may have a load of bother.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,691Posts Today

8,544Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin