Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • justaquestion
    • By justaquestion 7th Aug 18, 2:45 PM
    • 526Posts
    • 99Thanks
    justaquestion
    ESA and wrag question?
    • 7th Aug 18, 2:45 PM
    ESA and wrag question? 7th Aug 18 at 2:45 PM
    Hi folks,

I wonder if someone could answer this please.

if I am put into ESA wrag (contribution based) without a face to face which has happened to be before, and then ask for a MR as I am currently in support group, can they then reduce the wrag group to no award at all, even though I had no face to face this time around.

I do realise that in most cases it will be a face to face, but just want to know my options.

Many thanks to all once again for your valuable help
Page 1
    • Nannytone
    • By Nannytone 7th Aug 18, 3:42 PM
    • 124 Posts
    • 191 Thanks
    Nannytone
    • 7th Aug 18, 3:42 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 3:42 PM
    Before you do anything I would suggest that you look carefully at the support group descriptors and decide which one you feel applies to you. You then make your claim or mandatory reconsideration with this in mind/B]
    • justaquestion
    • By justaquestion 7th Aug 18, 4:33 PM
    • 526 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    justaquestion
    • 7th Aug 18, 4:33 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 4:33 PM
    Thanks for reply, yes I have done that.
    But still wondering about the original question.

Thanks
    • Nannytone
    • By Nannytone 7th Aug 18, 6:33 PM
    • 124 Posts
    • 191 Thanks
    Nannytone
    • 7th Aug 18, 6:33 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 6:33 PM
    They could withdraw the award at mandatory reconsideration stage because you are asking them to look at the whole claim again. It would be extremely unlikely though
    • justaquestion
    • By justaquestion 7th Aug 18, 7:24 PM
    • 526 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    justaquestion
    • 7th Aug 18, 7:24 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 7:24 PM
    Thanks for that reply.

I was probably under the illusion that because it was a paper based award, that the rules for MR might be different for that, so its not.

Thanks again.
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 7th Aug 18, 8:02 PM
    • 5,238 Posts
    • 5,787 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 7th Aug 18, 8:02 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 8:02 PM
    Can an existing award be terminated or downgraded on the basis of a new assessment using purely on written evidence? I thought, possibly wrongly, that f2f assessment was required.
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 7th Aug 18, 10:46 PM
    • 11,725 Posts
    • 13,596 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    • 7th Aug 18, 10:46 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 10:46 PM
    This may help:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/671113/3801-2015.pdf
    • justaquestion
    • By justaquestion 8th Aug 18, 12:06 AM
    • 526 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    justaquestion
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:06 AM
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:06 AM
    Thanks for the link which does seem to answer my question the crucial phrase being,

"No claimant can be found fit for work without undergoing a face-to-face assessment"

I take it from that asking for an MR can't reduce the award, though going to tribunal of course can.

Thanks again.
    • hb2
    • By hb2 8th Aug 18, 1:45 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    hb2
    • 8th Aug 18, 1:45 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 1:45 PM
    As you say, an ESA award can be reduced, but not terminated, without a face-to-face assessment. This does not apply to PIP.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

380Posts Today

4,432Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin