Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BobbyCrook
    • By BobbyCrook 7th Aug 18, 2:03 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 6Thanks
    BobbyCrook
    Ukpc
    • 7th Aug 18, 2:03 PM
    Ukpc 7th Aug 18 at 2:03 PM
    just received a Notice to Keepe (Unrelated), from UKPC for 100.00 dated stating "Driver left site"??
    The question I have is I looked online for the "additional evidence" and in one of the pictures,there is a Window Parking Charge Notice. This was not on the window when the driver got back so the first the RK knew. Do I simply send a blue template or will this be more involved?

This occured on a Cinema Complex
    Last edited by BobbyCrook; 07-08-2018 at 2:35 PM.
Page 1
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 7th Aug 18, 2:08 PM
    • 3,024 Posts
    • 5,068 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 7th Aug 18, 2:08 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 2:08 PM
    simply send a blue template
    This one then come back when there is a reply.

If you want to be belts, braces and glue then send a Subject Access Request and include a request for any information that supports the allegation of driver leaving site.

Their reply will be very useful for any DPA claim.
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5760415
    2. Template defences that say nothing https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5818671&page=5#86
    3. Forgetting about the Witness Statement
    • BobbyCrook
    • By BobbyCrook 7th Aug 18, 2:15 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    BobbyCrook
    • 7th Aug 18, 2:15 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 2:15 PM
    Thank you. With the SAR Request, I have read this on another part of the site thats quite lengthy, but I assume I can just ask the basic information (Supporting evidence of driver walking off site)

Thank you,
    Last edited by BobbyCrook; 07-08-2018 at 2:29 PM.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Aug 18, 2:18 PM
    • 8,707 Posts
    • 8,619 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 7th Aug 18, 2:18 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 2:18 PM
    No, no, no. Please don't ask that question.

Instead ask for supporting evidence of the driver walking off site.

Please edit your post above similarly.

And along the same lines, your opening post should say "... there is a Window Parking Charge Notice. This was not on the window when the driver got back so the first the RK knew..."

It is most important that the driver's identity is not disclosed.
    The parking companies trawl forums like this just waiting for people to trip themselves up and can use your posts against you.
    Last edited by KeithP; 07-08-2018 at 2:24 PM.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Aug 18, 3:01 PM
    • 8,707 Posts
    • 8,619 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 7th Aug 18, 3:01 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 3:01 PM
    Bobby, please be more careful.

Your latest post (now deleted) explains exactly what has changed.

Also, if you have used you real name as your forum username, then best you get it changed to something more anonymous.

To do that, read this short extract from The MSE Forum Guide - Frequently Asked Questions & Rules:
    Q. How can I change my username?

A.
    In most circumstances, this is not permitted.

The only reason we will change your username is if it puts your privacy at risk. This usually means you've inadvertently registered using your name, email address or something that gives away your identity within your username.

If you fall into this category, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com and request that it is changed, giving three alternative usernames in order of preference.
    Last edited by KeithP; 07-08-2018 at 3:10 PM.
    • BobbyCrook
    • By BobbyCrook 7th Aug 18, 3:10 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    BobbyCrook
    • 7th Aug 18, 3:10 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 3:10 PM
    Fully understood and no, not my real name much appreciated
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 7th Aug 18, 3:11 PM
    • 8,159 Posts
    • 10,697 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 7th Aug 18, 3:11 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 3:11 PM
    just received a Notice to Keepe (Unrelated), from UKPC for 100.00 dated stating "Driver left site"??
    The question I have is I looked online for the "additional evidence" and in one of the pictures,there is a Window Parking Charge Notice. This was not on the window when the driver got back so the first the RK knew. Do I simply send a blue template or will this be more involved?

This occured on a Cinema Complex
    Originally posted by BobbyCrook
    Bobby, "driver left site" ???? This is now standard rubbish
    from UKPC ......... whatever happened to the keeper ??

UKPC are fraudsters they were caught out taking
    fake pictures which were doctored

Very predatory, maybe this warden could be taking upskirt
    pictures as well, The cinema complex should be warned about
    the patrol warden, could be dangerous

No ticket on car could mean a ghost ticket whereby the
    warden places the ticket, takes the picture and takes
    off the ticket ...... all designed by scammers to stop
    you appealing. Another reason to report this to the
    cinema complex

As KeithP says, as keeper (not driver) you ask them for
    proof of this terrible deed ..... or forever hold their peace
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • BobbyCrook
    • By BobbyCrook 7th Aug 18, 4:58 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    BobbyCrook
    • 7th Aug 18, 4:58 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 4:58 PM
    I completely understand what you are saying.. Im going to see how the appeal goes and go from there but I know they are sharks. The support on here is amazing, it really is.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 7th Aug 18, 6:24 PM
    • 9,968 Posts
    • 9,765 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 7th Aug 18, 6:24 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 6:24 PM
    There is very little likelihood that, were the fraudsters to take this to court they would succeed. Claimants are required by law to mitigate their loss, and hiding behind a car while you leave site is not the way to go. Some MPs are even concerned that this condition breaches human rights, watch the video below.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

166Posts Today

1,532Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin