Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tomhoggy
    • By tomhoggy 7th Aug 18, 1:56 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tomhoggy
    Balance Transfer from AMEX - Will I lose my points?
    • 7th Aug 18, 1:56 PM
    Balance Transfer from AMEX - Will I lose my points? 7th Aug 18 at 1:56 PM
    Can anybody advise me on if I do a balance transfer from my AMEX to a new 0% Mastercard account I plan on opening will I lose my Avios which I have collected this month by moving the balance?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 7th Aug 18, 10:28 PM
    • 3,377 Posts
    • 4,329 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 7th Aug 18, 10:28 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 10:28 PM
    I don't believe you will lose your points after all a BT is just another way of paying off a credit card except you don't give them the money another provider does.

Have you been told or sent any information to indicate this may happen?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
    • tomhoggy
    • By tomhoggy 7th Aug 18, 10:31 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tomhoggy
    • 7th Aug 18, 10:31 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 10:31 PM
    Thanks. I havenít had anything to suggest it would I just thought they might have something in place to prevent people from trying to create loopholes in the BT system.
    • Jlawson118
    • By Jlawson118 8th Aug 18, 12:03 PM
    • 975 Posts
    • 132 Thanks
    Jlawson118
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:03 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:03 PM
    I've done it once or twice in the past and never lost my points. As far as AMEX are concerned, the balance transfer is treated as if you had just paid your bill for the month
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,383Posts Today

8,642Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Very kind. But it'd be an economic nightmare. People would get the note out, see me, and think, nah I probably shou? https://t.co/BYtFaddGcW

• Today?s twitter poll: Does President Trump put you off visiting the USA?? On Friday I did a poll about cities you'? https://t.co/5gbpoA9bF9

• RT @helen_undy: We're expanding our trustee board at this exciting point in @mmhpi's development, looking for 3 talented people to join @Ma?

• Follow Martin