Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 7th Aug 18, 1:49 PM
    • 9,382Posts
    • 327,697Thanks
    BlueBella
    Daily Mag video probs?
    • 7th Aug 18, 1:49 PM
    Daily Mag video probs? 7th Aug 18 at 1:49 PM
    Anyone else having problems with the daily mags today? My entries won't submit until I have watched the videos or the videos simply don't play and the screen stays on hold
    A big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter

I never knew how strong i was until being strong was my only choice....Don't Judge My Path If You Haven't Walked My Journey....
Page 1
    • bishopsgirl
    • By bishopsgirl 7th Aug 18, 2:03 PM
    • 1,699 Posts
    • 6,732 Thanks
    bishopsgirl
    • 7th Aug 18, 2:03 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 2:03 PM
    Today I had to watch all the videos.

Must admit it varies day to day for me. Yesterday raced through them no videos etc, but Sunday was awful videos all had to be watched and took ages to load froze for ages too.

Never know what will happen from one day to another.
    Be Lucky Everyone
    • BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 7th Aug 18, 2:05 PM
    • 9,382 Posts
    • 327,697 Thanks
    BlueBella
    • 7th Aug 18, 2:05 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 2:05 PM
    Can anyone recommend a good user-agent-switcher for Chrome? I think the one I was using has stopped working as the videos have always been bypassed until today? Thanks x

I never knew how strong i was until being strong was my only choice....Don't Judge My Path If You Haven't Walked My Journey....
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 7th Aug 18, 2:07 PM
    • 5,665 Posts
    • 99,013 Thanks
    Blulu
    • 7th Aug 18, 2:07 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 2:07 PM
    i found it slow today, but they all went to "Congratulations" eventually, including a couple that looked like they had frozen on a blank screen. I'm finding that I have to keep each page open now, in order for the vids to play.

Blu X
    Comping fairy fly to me. Make my bells go tinkle.
    Get your dust out for the lads, and let me have a sprinkle.
    • BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 7th Aug 18, 2:08 PM
    • 9,382 Posts
    • 327,697 Thanks
    BlueBella
    • 7th Aug 18, 2:08 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 2:08 PM
    They have driven me nuts today!

• EnglishWelshie
    • By EnglishWelshie 8th Aug 18, 12:15 AM
    • 747 Posts
    • 12,399 Thanks
    EnglishWelshie
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:15 AM
    • 8th Aug 18, 12:15 AM
    Mine have been fine tonight but they were playing up a bit yesterday.

The Time Inc ones someone posted on one of these threads that if you click on the blue privacy settings box at the bottom left of the page and reject all and save and exit it stops the videos. I tried it and it does work. You may have to select see full vendor list to the bottom left after clicking on the blue privacy button to get it to show the reject all button as it looks as though they have altered it a bit when i checked it just now.

I use this mobile user agent it has worked well for me except for the odd day every now and then. If the videos appear i just click on the mobile user agent again.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mobile-user-agent/lmpnjgaclbllogbofbompgpegbbekbcc

I also used the Tab resize split screen layouts button yesterday and split my tabs as i was going through them which fetched them up in separate pages so they carried on running as i went through them i then just shut each one down when they had finished. This is the resize extension i use which is perfect for the magazine comps when having to fill a few answers in.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mobile-user-agent/lmpnjgaclbllogbofbompgpegbbekbcc
    • martinsnest
    • By martinsnest 10th Aug 18, 8:42 AM
    • 1,443 Posts
    • 4,708 Thanks
    martinsnest
    • 10th Aug 18, 8:42 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 8:42 AM
    They drive me nuts gave up on them months ago!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

166Posts Today

1,532Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin