Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • malka
    • By malka 7th Aug 18, 12:42 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 2Thanks
    malka
    ppi for deceased
    • 7th Aug 18, 12:42 PM
    ppi for deceased 7th Aug 18 at 12:42 PM
    Hi everyone wanted to pick your brains!
    am now filling in forms for my late father and there are lots of questions as how, why where the sale of PPI took place, other insurance etc I don't know any of the answers but I do have the paperwork..... should I leave this all blank and just fill in the additional information section?

Also as the Executor I have to sign a form which the bank says that I would be responsible for any expenses if the info proves to be incorrect is that a standard form? and should I just sign in?

ps the info is not incorrect!
Page 1
    • -taff
    • By -taff 7th Aug 18, 12:53 PM
    • 8,960 Posts
    • 8,959 Thanks
    -taff
    • 7th Aug 18, 12:53 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 12:53 PM
    Just fill in what you know.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 7th Aug 18, 12:56 PM
    • 6,217 Posts
    • 3,791 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 7th Aug 18, 12:56 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 12:56 PM
    Hi everyone wanted to pick your brains!
    am now filling in forms for my late father and there are lots of questions as how, why where the sale of PPI took place, other insurance etc I don't know any of the answers but I do have the paperwork..... should I leave this all blank and just fill in the additional information section?
    Originally posted by malka
    You can only fill in what you know. If you were not present at the sale then you cannot mention anything about that process, you can only stick to factual reasons that you can prove such as alternative cover or work benefits (be prepared to prove these)

Also as the Executor I have to sign a form which the bank says that I would be responsible for any expenses if the info proves to be incorrect is that a standard form? and should I just sign in?

ps the info is not incorrect!
    Originally posted by malka
    This seems to be a standard response now, fortunately people putting in false/fraudulent complaints don't seem to get billed
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 7th Aug 18, 1:05 PM
    • 96,122 Posts
    • 63,924 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 7th Aug 18, 1:05 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 1:05 PM
    Executors have a legal responsibility. So, putting in a fraudulent complaint does allow action to be taken against them. Strangely, consumers putting in fraudulent complaints on their own cases rarely get challenged (it has happened but it is very very rare). Whereas an executor is a representative. It is unlikely a challenge would be made if a fraudulent complaint was made but the disclosure covers them should they decide to pursue you.

Best thing to do is not make a fraudulent complaint. Stick to the facts, don't make things up and where you don't know, say you don't know.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • malka
    • By malka 9th Aug 18, 1:51 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    malka
    • 9th Aug 18, 1:51 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 1:51 PM
    thanks everyone .... you've all been helpful as ever!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

140Posts Today

2,977Users online

Martin's Twitter