Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • djwood1
    • By djwood1 7th Aug 18, 9:45 AM
    • 31Posts
    • 1Thanks
    djwood1
    Barclaycard - Offered zero interest, worried about credit file
    • 7th Aug 18, 9:45 AM
    Barclaycard - Offered zero interest, worried about credit file 7th Aug 18 at 9:45 AM
    Hi

So I called Barclaycard earlier to see if there's any promotional rates on my account before I transfer the balance.

They have offered me 2 months @ 0% interest. I made sure to ask that the interest wasn't going to be frozen and they confirmed it was a promotional offer.

I have a 8k balance which I took advantage off for home improvements. I currently have two empty cards (MBNA and Virgin). One has an offer and the other doesn't.

I thought the 2 months 0% would be useful as I could see if Virgin offer any promotional details or if MBNA can improve their offering.

However I have been reading that 'freezing' interest can impact ones credit file. I asked Barclaycard numerous times if this was the case and they simply confirmed it was a promotional offer.

Has anyone been offered anything similar?

Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Aug 18, 9:47 AM
    • 19,669 Posts
    • 21,064 Thanks
    zx81
    • 7th Aug 18, 9:47 AM
    • 7th Aug 18, 9:47 AM
    Many people have been offered something similar.

From what you've said it's a promo. not an AP, so nothing to worry about. You will see if it's anything different on your credit files.
    • sonuenjoys
    • By sonuenjoys 19th Aug 18, 11:29 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    sonuenjoys
    • 19th Aug 18, 11:29 PM
    • 19th Aug 18, 11:29 PM
    No it wont affect your credit file.

Please note that when you are on a reduced minimum payment or on a payment plan specifically given by collections team only then your credit file will be marked but Barclays would obtain your consent before doing so.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

220Posts Today

1,274Users online

Martin's Twitter