Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dagaffman
    • By dagaffman 7th Aug 18, 5:31 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    dagaffman
    Changing car details on V5 with DVLA
    • 7th Aug 18, 5:31 AM
    Changing car details on V5 with DVLA 7th Aug 18 at 5:31 AM
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience of changing vehicle details on their logbook?

I am in the process of buying an 18 month old car from a main dealer. They had been using it in their rental department, so have owned it from new. When they registered it, they got the gearbox and power output details wrong which means the road tax is currently more expensive than it should be.

They are covering my first 12 months road tax and say that they will notify DVLA of the errors while changing the registered keeper details. I know these things often donít work out first time around, so am preparing myself to have to do it myself at a later date.

Unfortunately, getting insurance sorted was a pain with the car reg number showing a more powerful car. The advisor had to manually enter the correct car spec onto the registration number (I can see this being a yearly thing!!!).

Again, interested to hear from anyone with experience of changing details. Apparently wrong info on V5ís isnít an uncommon thing.

Thanks.
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 7th Aug 18, 4:32 PM
    • 27,756 Posts
    • 11,253 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 7th Aug 18, 4:32 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 4:32 PM
    The dealer is sorting it so you dont need to do anything.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,857Posts Today

9,231Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @kelsher123: @MartinSLewis First time switcher! And no, it wasn?t as challenging as I thought???? A British Gas customer so no brainier. Th?

• Agreed but by marketing it as cough specific people think there's something extra so they buy this rather than gene? https://t.co/hATY3W8Yia

• Good news for those aggressively criticising this poll and trying to pull it apart. I've just got off a 3 way call? https://t.co/Pu750aktyg

• Follow Martin