Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mystic-lady
    • By Mystic-lady 7th Aug 18, 1:01 AM
    • 25Posts
    • 16Thanks
    Mystic-lady
    Urgent Help Required: Being threatened with bailiffs for a PCN when ticket states Not a PCN!!
    • 7th Aug 18, 1:01 AM
    Urgent Help Required: Being threatened with bailiffs for a PCN when ticket states Not a PCN!! 7th Aug 18 at 1:01 AM
    I took my mother to the theatre, parked the car in a disabled bay displaying my mother’s blue badge together with the pay & display fee ticket on the top. I placed them both at an angle for ease of any warden on the front dashboard as required. As I was placing them my mother started to get out of the car and as it was a blustery night I quickly slammed my door rushing round to help prevent an accident and proceeded to the theatre.

Post performance, a theatre usher kindly helped my mother back to the car. On approach we noticed a ticket had been placed on my windscreen. The ticket, red card with a black chevron border showed both date/time directly under which it said !ATTENTION! DOCUMENT ENCLOSED (there was nothing enclosed) with “THIS IS NOT A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE” also in bold underneath that.

As stated, there was nothing other than this card which on the reverse has the company name MyParkingCharge.co.uk together with a serial number and again, the date!

No address stated on the ticket just web address. No Company registration number. No name of the person or ID of the individual who’d written this so-called ticket.

I subsequently visited website to see various photos of my husbands car at various angles plus the disabled bay plus a section underneath saying I owed £60! Their website also quotes a Companies House registration which is solely relevant to Excel Parking. In addition to which, their small print says “it works in the style of Excel” not “for and on behalf of Excel” which I would expect. Plus, In a different area of this MCP website they quote a different Companies House registration number, which after research I found belongs to VCS.

At this stage I phoned DVL who informed my MCP (MyParkingCharge) has no authorisation to obtain drivers details. That said, some days later my husband received a sheet of A4 in the post saying Parking Charge Notice demanding the sum of £100 stating “Parked in a disabled bay without clearly displaying a valid disabled persons badge” This paperwork however clearly shows a picture of their PCN (Parking Charge Notice) which I’ve since been informed by the police is correct, of a yellow notice with a black chevron border clearly stating PCN!

It sadly appears that as I slammed my door in a rush to help my mother, the fee paid receipt blew over part of her blue badge registration number ie “act of God!”

As such, I wrote a lengthy email (plus sending a recorded letter version) to MCP showing all relevant documentation pointing out that the notice placed on the windscreen by the warden, for and on their behalf quite clearly states in bold that it isn’t a Parking Charge Notice and as such there is no monies due! They have also chosen to ignore the vast majority of the letter asking about out of pocket expenses, landlords contract etc, etc.

Last week I received a response email saying my appeal had been rejected. If I wanted to appeal I have no option other than go through IAS (Independent Appeals Service) which again having done further research allegedly appears (according to many reviewers) to be an extension of the same company! MCP will not entertain any other appeal service. Plus have threatened court, bailiffs etc!!!

I have appealed through this required method but they are totally ignoring, failing take on board or comprehend the ticket placed on my windscreen clearly states the direct opposite to a charge notice. Within that appeal I’ve also clarified that I am more than willing to stand before a civil court to present all the relevant facts/paperwork and let them decide.

They are totally ignoring the fact whilst the wind blew the ticket, my mother is a valid blue badge holder they have also made an error and inadvertently put a wrong notice on my windscreen!

I’m in despair, can anyone help me please???

Page 4
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Nov 18, 9:14 AM
    • 9,247 Posts
    • 12,179 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Thank you for this info. The letter received is obviously that but what will be the next course of action from my side if anything?

Appears some people have received CCJ they know noth8ng about due to these unscrupulous highwaymen!!

I do not tend to pay these rogues anything as I took their notice placed on my car verbatim “This is not a Parking Charge Notice!” As such, there is no fee due!

I contacted ESAS yesterday due to the fact I paid a fee to park plus showed the blue badge. In their words “ out of courtesy” as it clearly states the blue badge rules do not apply in private car parks etc, etc., as forearded by the CC attached beforehand!

I can’t begin to imagine how vulnerable, not to mention intimidated, a driver of my mother’s age 84 must feel to have this on them!!!
    Originally posted by Mystic-lady
    We are with you all the way.

Part 1: Liability for misleading and aggressive
    practices
    The 2008 Regulations make misleading actions unlawful
    (see regulation 5). An action by a trader is misleading if it
    contains false information or if it is likely to mislead
    the average consumer in its overall presentation.

They are acting unlawfully = false information
    “This is not a Parking Charge Notice!”

I would love to see a judge's face on this one
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Nov 18, 9:19 AM
    • 37,874 Posts
    • 22,005 Thanks
    Quentin
    Is this a the final letter as advised by responses above? Whilst it has other documents enclosed such as Informattion Sheet, Reply Form, Financial Statement & States 30 days …...
    Yes. This is a LBCCA
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Nov 18, 9:22 AM
    • 9,247 Posts
    • 12,179 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Whilst it has other documents enclosed such as Informattion Sheet, Reply Form, Financial Statement & States 30 days …...

You do not need to use the forms, especially those requesting further personal information

Amazing these clowns have gone this far based on a piece of paper that says
    “This is not a Parking Charge Notice!”
    Last edited by beamerguy; 10-11-2018 at 9:24 AM.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Nov 18, 9:23 AM
    • 37,874 Posts
    • 22,005 Thanks
    Quentin
    Thank you for this info. The letter received is obviously that but what will be the next course of action from my side if anything?
    You should not do nothing!

The newbies faq thread #2 covers rebutting a LBCCA and the whole court process from the LBCCA to the hearing

Expect this to progress to a claim, so best to acquaint yourself with the process now in readiness
    • Mystic-lady
    • By Mystic-lady 10th Nov 18, 8:30 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Mystic-lady
    Words fail me in their persistence - No harassment for something they started/created ie
    This is Not a Parking Charge Notice!”

The stress, anxiety caused to me let alone any elderly person - totally unacceptable!

Can’t keep saying “thank you” enough to each & everyone who’s helped, helping & continues to help me along this journey.

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Nov 18, 8:40 PM
    • 63,827 Posts
    • 76,475 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No template, please.

Reply reiterating your evidence, the Blue Badge, and this email from the Local Authority:

Thank you for your kind suggestion & yes I have asked both ironically neither appear to know the answer. In fact, that was my first port of call! They were outraged at the audacity f these people but empathy etc, hast got me very far.

I also compiled a rathy lengthy letter (point by point) requesting the usual landowners, asked for a copy of their agreement with the landowner etc, etc. but as you probably have gathered- nothing. In addition, I was sent (from the highest point of Warwickshire CC what I thought was a very valuable piece of information attaching that both electronically and hard copy which was completely ignored by these !!!!

The blue badge scheme does not apply on private land.

Often private car parks have signs demanding drivers display a blue badge when using the disabled parking bays, or risk getting a parking ticket. However, just because someone does not hold (or does not display) a blue badge does not mean they are not disabled; the Equality Act does not require the driver to display any sort of badge or permit. Anyone who fits the lawful definition of disability is entitled to make use of the ‘reasonable adjustments’. What they are in
    effect doing is adding arbitrary rules to the lawful right of someone to use a ‘reasonable adjustment’, and this could be considered a breach of the Equality Act.

It should be noted that this does not mean that you should not display a blue badge if you have one. Clearly, if you were to hold one, it would assist all parties by displaying it. But what is wrong is that parking companies include terms and conditions requiring you to display one as a contractual term for using a disabled bay; they have a duty of reasonable adjustment to disabled persons.

Despite this we hear of people being issued parking tickets for not displaying blue badges; either because they have forgotten to display them, or because they do not have one. So what should do? The simple answer is to tell the parking attendant, or appeal stating that you have a legal right to use the space, and provide any evidence you may have. At that point, the parking company should not pursue the charge since it would then be disability discrimination under the Equality Act.

In short, don’t stand for such behaviour. If you are registered disabled and you are unfairly issued a parking ticket then fight back!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Nov 18, 8:52 PM
    • 9,247 Posts
    • 12,179 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Words fail me in their persistence - No harassment for something they started/created ie
    This is Not a Parking Charge Notice!”

The stress, anxiety caused to me let alone any elderly person - totally unacceptable!

Can’t keep saying “thank you” enough to each & everyone who’s helped, helping & continues to help me along this journey.

You are dealing with .... an imbecile

airhead, blockhead, chucklehead, dimwit, dodo, dolt, donkey, dope, dork [slang], dullard, dumbbell, dummy, dunce, fathead, goof, goon, half-wit, idiot, ignoramus, know-nothing, knucklehead, lamebrain, loon, lunkhead, moron, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, noddy, noodle, numskull (or numbskull), oaf, pinhead, saphead, simpleton, stock, turkey, yahoo, yo-yo

You are also dealing with a Gladstones/IPC scammer to whom some of the words above maybe too technical for them to understand ?

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Nov 18, 9:05 PM
    • 20,199 Posts
    • 31,870 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    You are dealing with .... an imbecile
    Who is significantly richer than most who come here (The Deep excepted!).

Not sure an imbecile would be capable of such wealth - rather the opposite.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Nov 18, 10:43 PM
    • 9,247 Posts
    • 12,179 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Who is significantly richer than most who come here (The Deep excepted!).

Not sure an imbecile would be capable of such wealth - rather the opposite.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    There can be rich imbeciles, a few in government I can think of

In this case we don't actually know the imbecile who dreamed up

“This is Not a Parking Charge Notice!”

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Snakes Belly
    • By Snakes Belly 11th Nov 18, 8:29 PM
    • 249 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    Snakes Belly
    I had a 'this is not a parking charge notice'. I think that this is a means to get the unsuspecting person (like myself) to think that they can possibly sort the matter out with the PPC. It's really a means to get your information because they will have already opened a file with your registration number and applied the charge. The natural reaction to start the appeal process so you input your details and they have cunningly obtained your information without going to the DVLA.

Scammers will eventually go too far and cross the line as they become greedier and greedier. Excel (VCS) are already pushing their luck (Ambler case).

Don't get stressed out about it. There had been much success with cases involving the fluttering tickets.
    Last edited by Snakes Belly; 11-11-2018 at 8:32 PM.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Nov 18, 8:45 PM
    • 9,247 Posts
    • 12,179 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Scammers will eventually go too far and cross the line as they become greedier and greedier. Excel (VCS) are already pushing their luck (Ambler case).

Don't get stressed out about it. There had been much success with cases involving the fluttering tickets.
    Originally posted by Snakes Belly
    They have already gone too far but so have certain people in government who for a long time have brushed this under the carpet.

We have two ATA's one of whom, the BPA, has lost complete control of their scammers, the other, the IPC is just a scammers paradise

The SRA has lost control in regulating solicitors who have turned bad, they were probably bad in the first place

We just have to shout SCAM at every opportunity

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Snakes Belly
    • By Snakes Belly 12th Nov 18, 11:41 AM
    • 249 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    Snakes Belly
    History will judge this badly. People will look at back at this parking debacle and wonder how it could ever happen. If they are not stopped soon then there will be a big backlash. Could go the way of PPI.

We now look back at clampers and wonder how it was ever allowed to get so out of hand. Clampers should have been disallowed from setting up as a PPC.
    Last edited by Snakes Belly; 12-11-2018 at 11:45 AM.

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Nov 18, 12:06 PM
    • 9,247 Posts
    • 12,179 Thanks
    beamerguy
    History will judge this badly. People will look at back at this parking debacle and wonder how it could ever happen. If they are not stopped soon then there will be a big backlash. Could go the way of PPI.

We now look back at clampers and wonder how it was ever allowed to get so out of hand. Clampers should have been disallowed from setting up as a PPC.
    Would love it to go like PPI and the bank charges

I started my life on here with "claim back unfair bank charges"
    and we had fun threatening the banks with court and if it went that far, they never turned up and the bailiffs were sent in

What we need is a common denominator to "claim back unfair parking charges"

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Snakes Belly
    • By Snakes Belly 12th Nov 18, 5:44 PM
    • 249 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    Snakes Belly
    'What we need is a common denominator to "claim back unfair parking charges" '

Then some of these rogue solicitors would turn from poacher to gamekeeper. It would be great if people could claim back unfair parking charges. It certainly would give Simon Double-Barrelled something to moan about.

If the law changes then some people may try to claim back retrospectively especially the larger cases.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Nov 18, 7:07 PM
    • 20,199 Posts
    • 31,870 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    If the law changes then some people may try to claim back retrospectively especially the larger cases.
    And there are 6 years in which to do so.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

167Posts Today

1,384Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin