Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mystic-lady
    • By Mystic-lady 7th Aug 18, 1:01 AM
    • 25Posts
    • 16Thanks
    Mystic-lady
    Urgent Help Required: Being threatened with bailiffs for a PCN when ticket states Not a PCN!!
    • 7th Aug 18, 1:01 AM
    Urgent Help Required: Being threatened with bailiffs for a PCN when ticket states Not a PCN!! 7th Aug 18 at 1:01 AM
    I took my mother to the theatre, parked the car in a disabled bay displaying my mother’s blue badge together with the pay & display fee ticket on the top. I placed them both at an angle for ease of any warden on the front dashboard as required. As I was placing them my mother started to get out of the car and as it was a blustery night I quickly slammed my door rushing round to help prevent an accident and proceeded to the theatre.

Post performance, a theatre usher kindly helped my mother back to the car. On approach we noticed a ticket had been placed on my windscreen. The ticket, red card with a black chevron border showed both date/time directly under which it said !ATTENTION! DOCUMENT ENCLOSED (there was nothing enclosed) with “THIS IS NOT A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE” also in bold underneath that.

As stated, there was nothing other than this card which on the reverse has the company name MyParkingCharge.co.uk together with a serial number and again, the date!

No address stated on the ticket just web address. No Company registration number. No name of the person or ID of the individual who’d written this so-called ticket.

I subsequently visited website to see various photos of my husbands car at various angles plus the disabled bay plus a section underneath saying I owed £60! Their website also quotes a Companies House registration which is solely relevant to Excel Parking. In addition to which, their small print says “it works in the style of Excel” not “for and on behalf of Excel” which I would expect. Plus, In a different area of this MCP website they quote a different Companies House registration number, which after research I found belongs to VCS.

At this stage I phoned DVL who informed my MCP (MyParkingCharge) has no authorisation to obtain drivers details. That said, some days later my husband received a sheet of A4 in the post saying Parking Charge Notice demanding the sum of £100 stating “Parked in a disabled bay without clearly displaying a valid disabled persons badge” This paperwork however clearly shows a picture of their PCN (Parking Charge Notice) which I’ve since been informed by the police is correct, of a yellow notice with a black chevron border clearly stating PCN!

It sadly appears that as I slammed my door in a rush to help my mother, the fee paid receipt blew over part of her blue badge registration number ie “act of God!”

As such, I wrote a lengthy email (plus sending a recorded letter version) to MCP showing all relevant documentation pointing out that the notice placed on the windscreen by the warden, for and on their behalf quite clearly states in bold that it isn’t a Parking Charge Notice and as such there is no monies due! They have also chosen to ignore the vast majority of the letter asking about out of pocket expenses, landlords contract etc, etc.

Last week I received a response email saying my appeal had been rejected. If I wanted to appeal I have no option other than go through IAS (Independent Appeals Service) which again having done further research allegedly appears (according to many reviewers) to be an extension of the same company! MCP will not entertain any other appeal service. Plus have threatened court, bailiffs etc!!!

I have appealed through this required method but they are totally ignoring, failing take on board or comprehend the ticket placed on my windscreen clearly states the direct opposite to a charge notice. Within that appeal I’ve also clarified that I am more than willing to stand before a civil court to present all the relevant facts/paperwork and let them decide.

They are totally ignoring the fact whilst the wind blew the ticket, my mother is a valid blue badge holder they have also made an error and inadvertently put a wrong notice on my windscreen!

I’m in despair, can anyone help me please???

Page 3
    • Mystic-lady
    • By Mystic-lady 6th Oct 18, 4:58 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Mystic-lady
    Thank you for the help...I truly appreciate everything as I’ve never experienced anything like this before so am completely overwhelmed by it all....just a headless chicken it appears!
    Last edited by Mystic-lady; 06-10-2018 at 5:00 PM.
    • Mystic-lady
    • By Mystic-lady 6th Oct 18, 5:03 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Mystic-lady
    Thank you for the help...I truly appreciate everything as I’ve never experienced anything like this before so am completely overwhelmed by it all....just a headless chicken it appears!

I don’t even know how to post here properly!!!!
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 6th Oct 18, 5:12 PM
    • 3,281 Posts
    • 5,055 Thanks
    fisherjim
    Have just received a final demand letter for £160 before court proceedings.....kind helpers, experts out there, what is your advice on what to do next?

Grateful thanks!
    Originally posted by Mystic-lady

Which bunch of bozo Muppet debt collector scum sent you that?
    • Mystic-lady
    • By Mystic-lady 6th Oct 18, 8:36 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Mystic-lady
    Would you believe...VCS itself!!!!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Oct 18, 11:44 PM
    • 37,942 Posts
    • 22,051 Thanks
    Quentin
    Have just received a final demand letter for £160 before court proceedings.....kind helpers, experts out there, what is your advice on what to do next?

Grateful thanks!
    You had the advice you should be following ages ago!

(Ignore everything except a LBCCA or Court correspondence!)

Come back for advice on how to deal with those should it come to that!

You can though continue to try and establish the landowner, and if you can do so complain to them and request them to get this cancelled

You don't need to post every time you get a threatening debt collecting letter!
    • Mystic-lady
    • By Mystic-lady 7th Oct 18, 7:52 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Mystic-lady
    I thought this WAS the last letter before court as it states on this letter “we will be taking you to court!” Says a CCJ will be filed against you and as I have never been involved in anything like this before was left shaking in my boots with worry thinking this was THAT letter! Forgive me for not knowing and naivelly thinking it was!!!

Can I congratulate you for being so informed Quentin but kindly point out, unfortunately, not everyone is that fortuitous, clever or as knowledgeable hence the plea for help! If I or any other person crying out for help on this matter were in the same position, I can honestly assure you we would not be having sleepless nights, worried out of our minds nor would we be wasting time typing or crying out for for help via this or any other forum...never-the-less, thank you for taking time out of your day to respond with help/advice.

To everyone - .again, can’t thank you enough for your patience, help, guidance and every little bit of help you have and continue to give me....
    Last edited by Mystic-lady; 07-10-2018 at 8:00 PM.
    • MistyZ
    • By MistyZ 7th Oct 18, 8:19 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    MistyZ
    Have you specifically asked Premier Inn and the theatre who the owner of the car park is? If you haven't, then phone them and ask for this information, somebody will know, of that I am 99% sure. If a phone call draws a blank, go to both in person if necessary and stand your ground until reception finds someone who can tell you. You were a patron of the theatre and their revenue could well be affected by the car park scammers so it is in their interests to tell you what you what you need to know to firmly request that the charge is cancelled.

When contacting landowners lay it all on the line in an organised and assertive manner in writing i.e. by email. Rightly or wrongly I'm getting the impression that you don't have much faith in this line of attack but it is actually a very valid route to go down. It is outrageous that having done absolutely nothing wrong you have all this worry hanging over you .... not suggesting self-pity, just entirely justified anger!
    Last edited by MistyZ; 07-10-2018 at 8:27 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Oct 18, 10:55 PM
    • 63,870 Posts
    • 76,516 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I thought this WAS the last letter before court as it states on this letter “we will be taking you to court!” Says a CCJ will be filed against you and as I have never been involved in anything like this before was left shaking in my boots with worry thinking this was THAT letter! Forgive me for not knowing and naively thinking it was!
    It might be.

Does it give you 14 days, or 30 days to reply, and does it attach reply forms?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Mystic-lady
    • By Mystic-lady 7th Oct 18, 11:25 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Mystic-lady
    Thank you for your kind suggestion & yes I have asked both ironically neither appear to know the answer. In fact, that was my first port of call! They were outraged at the audacity f these people but empathy etc, hast got me very far.

I also compiled a rathy lengthy letter (point by point) requesting the usual landowners, asked for a copy of their agreement with the landowner etc, etc. but as you probably have gathered- nothing. In addition, I was sent (from the highest point of Warwickshire CC what I thought was a very valuable piece of information attaching that both electronically and hard copy which was completely ignored by these !!!!

The blue badge scheme does not apply on private land.

Often private car parks have signs demanding drivers display a blue badge when using the disabled parking bays, or risk getting a parking ticket. However, just because someone does not hold (or does not display) a blue badge does not mean they are not disabled; the Equality Act does not require the driver to display any sort of badge or permit. Anyone who fits the lawful definition of disability is entitled to make use of the ‘reasonable adjustments’. What they are in
    effect doing is adding arbitrary rules to the lawful right of someone to use a ‘reasonable adjustment’, and this could be considered a breach of the Equality Act.

It should be noted that this does not mean that you should not display a blue badge if you have one. Clearly, if you were to hold one, it would assist all parties by displaying it. But what is wrong is that parking companies include terms and conditions requiring you to display one as a contractual term for using a disabled bay; they have a duty of reasonable adjustment to disabled persons.

Despite this we hear of people being issued parking tickets for not displaying blue badges; either because they have forgotten to display them, or because they do not have one. So what should do? The simple answer is to tell the parking attendant, or appeal stating that you have a legal right to use the space, and provide any evidence you may have. At that point, the parking company should not pursue the charge since it would then be disability discrimination under the Equality Act. In short, don’t stand for such behaviour. If you are registered disabled and you are unfairly issued a parking ticket then fight back!

They are just solely intent on extorting monies in whichever/whatever way possible!,,
    • Mystic-lady
    • By Mystic-lady 7th Oct 18, 11:30 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Mystic-lady
    Neither, it states 7 days. No other paperwork included unless that’s an oversight on their part!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Oct 18, 3:11 AM
    • 63,870 Posts
    • 76,516 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Who sent you this, sounds like a person after our own hearts:

The blue badge scheme does not apply on private land.

Often private car parks have signs demanding drivers display a blue badge when using the disabled parking bays, or risk getting a parking ticket. However, just because someone does not hold (or does not display) a blue badge does not mean they are not disabled; the Equality Act does not require the driver to display any sort of badge or permit. Anyone who fits the lawful definition of disability is entitled to make use of the ‘reasonable adjustments’. What they are in effect doing is adding arbitrary rules to the lawful right of someone to use a ‘reasonable adjustment’, and this could be considered a breach of the Equality Act.

It should be noted that this does not mean that you should not display a blue badge if you have one. Clearly, if you were to hold one, it would assist all parties by displaying it. But what is wrong is that parking companies include terms and conditions requiring you to display one as a contractual term for using a disabled bay; they have a duty of reasonable adjustment to disabled persons.

Despite this we hear of people being issued parking tickets for not displaying blue badges; either because they have forgotten to display them, or because they do not have one. So what should do? The simple answer is to tell the parking attendant, or appeal stating that you have a legal right to use the space, and provide any evidence you may have. At that point, the parking company should not pursue the charge since it would then be disability discrimination under the Equality Act. In short, don’t stand for such behaviour. If you are registered disabled and you are unfairly issued a parking ticket then fight back!
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Mystic-lady
    • By Mystic-lady 8th Oct 18, 7:58 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Mystic-lady
    I used to work for a County Council therefore still have some contacts throughout. I gave them a call especially when these God forbidden a******es spouted “refer to the rules, conditions & guidelines of the Government Blue Badge Scheme!” so I went that one stage further. Quite a revelation!

I sent another lengthy letter and again attached everything again together with this latest piece of information.....yep - they responded with the same garb!!!
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 8th Oct 18, 8:30 AM
    • 9,274 Posts
    • 12,207 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I used to work for a County Council therefore still have some contacts throughout. I gave them a call especially when these God forbidden a******es spouted “refer to the rules, conditions & guidelines of the Government Blue Badge Scheme!” so I went that one stage further. Quite a revelation!

I sent another lengthy letter and again attached everything again together with this latest piece of information.....yep - they responded with the same garb!!!
    VCS are full of garbage at the best of times, it's the way
    money scammers work.

You do not owe £160, the £60 is the garbage idiot
    debt collectors add-on for their share of the action.

MUCH LIKE THIS BUNCH OF CRONIES
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74439905#post74439905

As said you wait until you get a LBA letter giving you
    30 days to respond. See what they say in the letter
    because normally they spout rubbish which can then
    be pulled apart .... that is where this forum really goes
    to work.

You cannot continue dealing with the brain dead can you
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Oct 18, 9:14 AM
    • 10,556 Posts
    • 10,396 Thanks
    The Deep
    If I was in your position I would plead with them to take me to court, where no doubt they would come a huge cropper). I would then slap in a counter claim for disability discrimination.

Have you seen this?

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 .
    Last edited by The Deep; 08-10-2018 at 9:28 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Oct 18, 11:59 AM
    • 63,870 Posts
    • 76,516 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    That Council letter will assist your case with your Witness Statement, if they sue.

If you want to go on the attack, send the scammers a response that also encloses a Letter Before Claim warning them you will file a Counter Claim for £500, for disability discrimination as compensation for 'pure distress' enclosing that Council letter yet again, and also referring to Blamires and Vidal Hall as your authorities, like here:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74715383#post74715383

HTH
    • Mystic-lady
    • By Mystic-lady 8th Oct 18, 5:14 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Mystic-lady
    I have pleaded with them to take me to court stating “I wish this to be put directly before the courts as I welcome the opportunity to put my case/evidence before the courts or them to make the lawful decision based on all things put before them!” but again, something they’ve (VCS or whatever guise they wish to go by!) chosen to ignore....

Thank you Coupon-mad for suggesting the counter claim, which again, I had given thought too but only in the concept of “harassment” - not the disability stance. Just like requesting help on here - didn’t know where to start, how to file or how to pursue? Sadly, have no option other than to admit..appears I need stringent hand-holding on every aspect of this! :’(

Thanks yet again everyone.
    • Mystic-lady
    • By Mystic-lady 10th Nov 18, 3:07 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Mystic-lady
    HELP - Is this the FLBC ???
    Again.. my utmost apologies for being absolutely cluelesss in this matter but I've just returned from holiday to find yet another demanding letter on the mat!!

Its headed Letter Befoe Claim; states the matter has now been handed to the Legal Dept. There will be no other letters forthcoming and they will commence proceedings to cover the claim of £160 plus £25 court fees plus interest to be paid no later than 11/11/2018 a 30 day Notice!!!

I'm also struggling to understand how they can make a claim for £25 court fees prior to any court papers/hearing based on assumption they have already won? Is this normal or just another one of their "bully boy" tactics?

Is this a the final letter as advised by responses above? Whilst it has other documents enclosed such as Informattion Sheet, Reply Form, Financial Statement & States 30 days Notice its been sent by VCS, not a third party as expected ?????
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Nov 18, 7:45 AM
    • 9,274 Posts
    • 12,207 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Again.. my utmost apologies for being absolutely cluelesss in this matter but I've just returned from holiday to find yet another demanding letter on the mat!!

Its headed Letter Befoe Claim; states the matter has now been handed to the Legal Dept. There will be no other letters forthcoming and they will commence proceedings to cover the claim of £160 plus £25 court fees plus interest to be paid no later than 11/11/2018 a 30 day Notice!!!

I'm also struggling to understand how they can make a claim for £25 court fees prior to any court papers/hearing based on assumption they have already won? Is this normal or just another one of their "bully boy" tactics?

Is this a the final letter as advised by responses above? Whilst it has other documents enclosed such as Informattion Sheet, Reply Form, Financial Statement & States 30 days Notice its been sent by VCS, not a third party as expected ?????
    The LBA must show you everything and that includes costs should it go to court. £25 is the court fee they would pay.

The forms you can forget, they are just part of the new protocol and VCS are obliged to send them

This is your chance to rebut their claim. In particular the fake add-on of £60. As most of these cowboys do this, they are adding on the debt collectors fake fee.

If prior you were chased by DRP, then read this
    THE £60 SCAM OPERATED BY DRP ?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74439905#post74439905

You must respond to the LBA
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Nov 18, 8:56 AM
    • 10,556 Posts
    • 10,396 Thanks
    The Deep
    Mystic Lady, read the Hansard report and watch the video then complain like Donald to your MP

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week, hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. It has even been suggested that some of these companies have links with organised crime.

Watch the video of the Second Reading and committee stage in the House of Commons recently. MPs have a very low opinion of this industry.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-07-19/debates/2b90805c-bff8-4707-8bdc-b0bfae5a7ad5/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill(FirstSitting)

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by in the not too distant future, (whatever than means)...
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Mystic-lady
    • By Mystic-lady 10th Nov 18, 8:58 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Mystic-lady
    Thank you for this info. The letter received is obviously that but what will be the next course of action from my side if anything?

Appears some people have received CCJ they know noth8ng about due to these unscrupulous highwaymen!!

I do not tend to pay these rogues anything as I took their notice placed on my car verbatim “This is not a Parking Charge Notice!” As such, there is no fee due!

I contacted ESAS yesterday due to the fact I paid a fee to park plus showed the blue badge. In their words “ out of courtesy” as it clearly states the blue badge rules do not apply in private car parks etc, etc., as forearded by the CC attached beforehand!

I can’t begin to imagine how vulnerable, not to mention intimidated, a driver of my mother’s age 84 must feel to have this on them!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,486Posts Today

6,291Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin