Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mystic-lady
    • By Mystic-lady 7th Aug 18, 1:01 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Mystic-lady
    Urgent Help Required: Being threatened with bailiffs for a PCN when ticket states Not a PCN!!
    • 7th Aug 18, 1:01 AM
    Urgent Help Required: Being threatened with bailiffs for a PCN when ticket states Not a PCN!! 7th Aug 18 at 1:01 AM
    I took my mother to the theatre, parked the car in a disabled bay displaying my mother’s blue badge together with the pay & display fee ticket on the top. I placed them both at an angle for ease of any warden on the front dashboard as required. As I was placing them my mother started to get out of the car and as it was a blustery night I quickly slammed my door rushing round to help prevent an accident and proceeded to the theatre.

Post performance, a theatre usher kindly helped my mother back to the car. On approach we noticed a ticket had been placed on my windscreen. The ticket, red card with a black chevron border showed both date/time directly under which it said !ATTENTION! DOCUMENT ENCLOSED (there was nothing enclosed) with “THIS IS NOT A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE” also in bold underneath that.

As stated, there was nothing other than this card which on the reverse has the company name MyParkingCharge.co.uk together with a serial number and again, the date!

No address stated on the ticket just web address. No Company registration number. No name of the person or ID of the individual who’d written this so-called ticket.

I subsequently visited website to see various photos of my husbands car at various angles plus the disabled bay plus a section underneath saying I owed £60! Their website also quotes a Companies House registration which is solely relevant to Excel Parking. In addition to which, their small print says “it works in the style of Excel” not “for and on behalf of Excel” which I would expect. Plus, In a different area of this MCP website they quote a different Companies House registration number, which after research I found belongs to VCS.

At this stage I phoned DVL who informed my MCP (MyParkingCharge) has no authorisation to obtain drivers details. That said, some days later my husband received a sheet of A4 in the post saying Parking Charge Notice demanding the sum of £100 stating “Parked in a disabled bay without clearly displaying a valid disabled persons badge” This paperwork however clearly shows a picture of their PCN (Parking Charge Notice) which I’ve since been informed by the police is correct, of a yellow notice with a black chevron border clearly stating PCN!

It sadly appears that as I slammed my door in a rush to help my mother, the fee paid receipt blew over part of her blue badge registration number ie “act of God!”

As such, I wrote a lengthy email (plus sending a recorded letter version) to MCP showing all relevant documentation pointing out that the notice placed on the windscreen by the warden, for and on their behalf quite clearly states in bold that it isn’t a Parking Charge Notice and as such there is no monies due! They have also chosen to ignore the vast majority of the letter asking about out of pocket expenses, landlords contract etc, etc.

Last week I received a response email saying my appeal had been rejected. If I wanted to appeal I have no option other than go through IAS (Independent Appeals Service) which again having done further research allegedly appears (according to many reviewers) to be an extension of the same company! MCP will not entertain any other appeal service. Plus have threatened court, bailiffs etc!!!

I have appealed through this required method but they are totally ignoring, failing take on board or comprehend the ticket placed on my windscreen clearly states the direct opposite to a charge notice. Within that appeal I’ve also clarified that I am more than willing to stand before a civil court to present all the relevant facts/paperwork and let them decide.

They are totally ignoring the fact whilst the wind blew the ticket, my mother is a valid blue badge holder they have also made an error and inadvertently put a wrong notice on my windscreen!

I’m in despair, can anyone help me please???

Page 2
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Aug 18, 10:17 PM
    • 8,104 Posts
    • 10,634 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Mystic-lady ... your comments about the IPC/IAS and VCS
    is 100% correct.

The IPC/IAS was set up by Gladstones Solicitors as a money
    making scam. VCS joined the scam as an easy way to make
    money.

Simon Renshaw-Smith who owns VCS and Excel is an
    ex clamper and has made his money by scamming people

A very sad man

IPC/IAS is not in the interests of the general public and
    should be outlawed by the government
    Gladstones should be sanctioned by the SRA, not only for
    their totally rubbish claims but the sheer waste of the
    court system. IT WILL HAPPEN

You still have a voice, Sir Greg Knight who started the
    new members bill is the man to write to

https://www.parliament.uk/biographies/commons/sir-greg-knight/1200
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • waamo
    • By waamo 12th Aug 18, 10:27 PM
    • 3,875 Posts
    • 5,043 Thanks
    waamo
    If you read your letter very carefully I will wager its full of weasel words and phrases. I bet it is full of phrases that say you "may" have a judgement made against you.

It's deliberately worded vaguely so as to make you think it's an easy matter for them to send the heavies round. It isn't. They have to jump through a few legal hoops before they can even begin proceedings.

A genuine warning will contain little in the way of weasel words.
    This space for hire.
    • gardner1
    • By gardner1 13th Aug 18, 7:20 PM
    • 2,534 Posts
    • 3,817 Thanks
    gardner1
    If you read your letter very carefully I will wager its full of weasel words and phrases. I bet it is full of phrases that say you "may" have a judgement made against you.

It's deliberately worded vaguely so as to make you think it's an easy matter for them to send the heavies round. It isn't. They have to jump through a few legal hoops before they can even begin proceedings.

A genuine warning will contain little in the way of weasel words.
    Originally posted by waamo
    And they love to quote "Beavis vs Butthead" or whatever it was called
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,299Posts Today

8,557Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin