Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SuQuestions
    • By SuQuestions 6th Aug 18, 10:57 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 2Thanks
    SuQuestions
    NEW Three Mobile Phone - No Returned Policy at Store purchased!!
    • 6th Aug 18, 10:57 PM
    NEW Three Mobile Phone - No Returned Policy at Store purchased!! 6th Aug 18 at 10:57 PM
    @Three UK,I just purchased a 2 yrs contract phone from them 5 days ago. I hate the handset after only using it for 1 day. I went back to the shop to change it to an even higher contract but I was refused. I've been with them for 4 yrs. & I'm flipping disappointed and not happy at all! They said that because I bought it from the store, they have no return policy. If I had purchased it online then they have a 14 days return policy or even cancel it! OMG! If I had only known about it!! I have just checked their policy online here. For crying out loud! Why don't they have the same policy for the whole company! If you know of any legal advice you can give me, I would be most appreciated. Thank you.
    three. co. uk/ terms - conditions/ returns - and - exchange - policy
    Last edited by SuQuestions; 06-08-2018 at 11:02 PM.
Page 3
    • pumpkin89
    • By pumpkin89 10th Aug 18, 2:54 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 349 Thanks
    pumpkin89
    For example, I buy some flat pack furniture and then build it perfectly when it arrives. I then decide I don't want it so return it. The retailer is unlikely to give me a full refund even though it isn't damaged.
    You're now just arguing the meaning of the word 'damaged'. As a retailer, I would say that product is damaged, as it is no longer an item of flat pack furniture.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 10th Aug 18, 11:01 PM
    • 3,542 Posts
    • 20,277 Thanks
    mije1983
    You're now just arguing the meaning of the word 'damaged'. As a retailer, I would say that product is damaged, as it is no longer an item of flat pack furniture.
    Originally posted by pumpkin89

No I'm not at all. I'm using the meaning of the word 'damage' as regularly used in day to day life. It's why numerous retailers specifically mention 'original packaging' in their returns policy, rather than just 'undamaged' as they know that most people wouldn't consider a product damaged if it was missing packaging.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,871Posts Today

7,336Users online

Martin's Twitter