Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • phalanges
    • By phalanges 6th Aug 18, 10:40 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    phalanges
    Help! Smart Parking fine in a company car, Scotland
    • 6th Aug 18, 10:40 PM
    Help! Smart Parking fine in a company car, Scotland 6th Aug 18 at 10:40 PM
    Hello lovely kind people, I would really appreciate some advice on this charge. I overstayed by 20mins in a Smart Parking car park in Perth, which is my fault but equally I am very unwilling to pay the extortionate 100/60 for the privilege. I've ignored a fine in Scotland before, but unfortunately it was a company car so possibly I have to behave differently this time? I've only just received the letter today and have 14days to decide, please help! I'm worried about my poor boss receiving demands for up to 6 years - or worse a court summons.
    Last edited by phalanges; 15-08-2018 at 1:22 PM.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Aug 18, 11:00 PM
    • 19,840 Posts
    • 31,326 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:00 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:00 PM
    Just appeal to Smart as the (day to day) keeper of the car using the template appeal in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1. That should hook them away from the vehicle lease company (or your employers), then beyond that, as you're in Scotland, ignore them and any of their agents completely.

There will be no court summons - summonses are for criminal cases.

Drop MSP Pete Wishart a complaint and ask him to deal with Smart on your behalf - he hates them with a passion!
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 07-08-2018 at 7:53 AM.
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,693Posts Today

8,696Users online

Martin's Twitter