Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrsStuey
    • By MrsStuey 6th Aug 18, 9:52 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MrsStuey
    Canít remember mortgage company name - help!!!
    • 6th Aug 18, 9:52 PM
    Canít remember mortgage company name - help!!! 6th Aug 18 at 9:52 PM
    Hi all,
    Iím wondering if any of you lovely peeps here can help me. Iím in the midst of writing a PPI claims list of (the many) companies I have borrowed from over the years - and one completely escapes my memory. I had my first mortgage with them back in 2004 for a good few years and I seem to remember them being Scottish when I called customer services?? I think the name was two words and the logo was yellow and possibly dark blue? I seem to remember them advertising quite a bit on the telly around that time too, for life insurance etc. Can anyone enlighten me???
    TIA
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 6th Aug 18, 10:58 PM
    • 95,333 Posts
    • 62,942 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 6th Aug 18, 10:58 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 10:58 PM
    Standard Life?

However, if it is them, then that likely means a broker was involved. And Std Life didnt do PPI. They are a life assurance company.

So, with it being a pre-regulation case, and a broker likely involved, that means you have no-one to complain to.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • MrsStuey
    • By MrsStuey 7th Aug 18, 4:33 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MrsStuey
    • 7th Aug 18, 4:33 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 4:33 PM
    Thatís the one! Oh bummer, oh well thanks for the info
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,131Posts Today

9,029Users online

Martin's Twitter