Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Theeoclock
    • By Theeoclock 6th Aug 18, 8:38 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Theeoclock
    No Claims Discount
    • 6th Aug 18, 8:38 PM
    No Claims Discount 6th Aug 18 at 8:38 PM
    Hello All,
    I have just bought a second car, we are keeping the old one for my partner to learn to drive in and use once she has passed her test, but in the meantime it is still registered to, and insured by me.
    When I took out the insurance on the old car they didn't ask me for my NCD (it was only a year). I have now obviously insured the new car and have used that previous NCD that wasn't asked for - but now, having thought about it, was the NCD used by the previous insurer and they didn't ask for proof, or am I alright to assume that they weren't interested because they aren't taking it in to account and I can use it on the new policy?

Thanks.
Page 1
    • NCC-1701
    • By NCC-1701 6th Aug 18, 8:54 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    NCC-1701
    • 6th Aug 18, 8:54 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 8:54 PM
    They will have used it. Proof is not always asked for. You cannot insure two cars with the one no claims discount. You need to get it sorted PDQ before your second insurance is cancelled.
    • Theeoclock
    • By Theeoclock 6th Aug 18, 9:15 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Theeoclock
    • 6th Aug 18, 9:15 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 9:15 PM
    Thanks for that. Not the answer I would have liked, but confirmed my fears.
    • Theeoclock
    • By Theeoclock 6th Aug 18, 9:31 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Theeoclock
    • 6th Aug 18, 9:31 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 9:31 PM
    Almost unbelievably, a wee search has yielded cheaper insurance without NCD.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

352Posts Today

2,385Users online

Martin's Twitter