Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mr_Singleton
    • By Mr_Singleton 6th Aug 18, 8:09 PM
    • 861Posts
    • 1,716Thanks
    Mr_Singleton
    Oreo on S8+
    • 6th Aug 18, 8:09 PM
    Oreo on S8+ 6th Aug 18 at 8:09 PM
    Bought an unlocked S8+ a while back but for some reason itís still on Android 7. Iíve tried to manually update it but it says it is up to date..... how can I force it to update to 8?
    Thanx
Page 2
    • almillar
    • By almillar 10th Aug 18, 1:18 PM
    • 7,462 Posts
    • 3,048 Thanks
    almillar
    You mean they leave it in. My note 8 has it on EE with OEM firmware
    Hmm, yes, me too, now, on my S8 on EE - I'm probably thinking of my S7, and their excuses (testing/adding/adapting). They were the only network with it for a while
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 10th Aug 18, 2:43 PM
    • 10,810 Posts
    • 4,625 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Unlocked is usually BTU .
    BTU is a recent update .
    ModelSM-G955FModel name Galaxy S8+ Country

VersionAndroid 8.0.0Changelist14023573Build date Wed, 25 Jul 2018 07:31:50 +0000Security Patch Level 2018-08-01Product code BTUPDA G955FXXU3CRGHCSC G955FOXM3CRGH
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

186Posts Today

2,697Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin