Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Not Another Username
    • By Not Another Username 6th Aug 18, 7:11 PM
    • 71Posts
    • 46Thanks
    Not Another Username
    Free business plan software, Enterprise Allowance, etc.
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:11 PM
    Free business plan software, Enterprise Allowance, etc. 6th Aug 18 at 7:11 PM
    I have been considering setting up a small business and I want to put a business plan together.

I am currently under the Job Centre and in receipt of Universal Credit. I am in that 'black hole' between benefits and I am getting into some debt with rent and council tax. I have also had to take out a loan of Universal Credit to keep me going in the meantime, but this has run out, so you'll understand that I have no money at all. (I have also been receiving food parcels from the local food bank.)

The Job Centre recommend I apply to go on the New Enterprise Allowance scheme. This is something I attended many years ago and I didn't know it was still in existence.

I will certainly need some financial assistance, such as Working Tax Credits, if they still exist, but nobody at the local job centre will give me any advice until I submit a business plan. Or would there be a better way to start up a business? Perhaps with a grant or other scheme, bypassing the Job Centre altogether?

When it comes to creating anything like a business plan or a profit and loss forecast, I am hopeless. Any kind of form-filling fills me with dread. So I was wondering if there is any free software which will guide me through this? i.e. one where I fill in the blanks. I know I am going to need a lot of help. Everything I have found online comes with fees of one kind or another. I know I am asking for freebies, but I do not have any money, plus I also have some existing debt. Ending on a slightly negative note, I know none of this is going to be easy and I wonder if I am leaving one fire, only to end up in the proverbial frying pan.

Thanks.

John.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,590Posts Today

9,268Users online

Martin's Twitter