Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • norainbows
    • By norainbows 6th Aug 18, 7:11 PM
    • 39Posts
    • 6Thanks
    norainbows
    Can I work from Home in a Shared Ownership Property?
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:11 PM
    Can I work from Home in a Shared Ownership Property? 6th Aug 18 at 7:11 PM
    I'm considering a shared ownership property as I'll be paying less than the current rental market value in my area. Will I be allowed to work from home as this will be a big factor in my decision?
Page 1
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 6th Aug 18, 7:14 PM
    • 8,780 Posts
    • 9,279 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:14 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:14 PM
    That would rather depend on the type of work. Any type of property is likely to have some sort of restriction on what you can do there.
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 6th Aug 18, 7:16 PM
    • 64,572 Posts
    • 379,199 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:16 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:16 PM
    If you're employed and simply "work from home" then that's no problem.... so long as you're not the regional sales director holding sales meetings there twice a month!

The problem with any agreements is where people are "running a business from home" that means they come to the attention of neighbours due to deliveries/visitors or unusual/non-residential behaviour being observed.

e.g. if you did nails or hair .... or if you built bespoke garden furniture in your shed and then had a delivery van load it up once a week and remove it to a car boot sale where you sold them.

In short: if nobody knows what you do, could a nosey neighbour who hates you "spot" that you're "running a business" and can they identify business-like behaviours that they can flag up as a nuisance (to them)?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,545Posts Today

5,941Users online

Martin's Twitter