Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • eddiejones
    • By eddiejones 6th Aug 18, 5:28 PM
    • 78Posts
    • 7Thanks
    eddiejones
    At which point should I complete my Investor Declaration form?
    • 6th Aug 18, 5:28 PM
    At which point should I complete my Investor Declaration form? 6th Aug 18 at 5:28 PM
    Sorry, I am sure this sort of thing has been covered somewhere but I did do a quick search and uncovered nothing specific.

So I've had an offer accepted, and (am about to) have a solicitor.

Looking at https://www.skipton.co.uk/mortgages/first-time-buyers/using-your-lifetime-isa, I need to fill in the Investor Declaration form and give that to my solicitor. Who will then fill in their form and send both off to Skipton. Who will then take some time to transfer the money.

My question is. At what point should I fill this form in? Now? After a survey has been done? I am thinking I should try and get the ball rolling ASAP.

Also, there's a field where you state how much you want to withdraw. My balance could go up between now and when the form makes it to Skipton.... Do I just put the balance as it is now, and assume something sensible will happen?
Page 1
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 6th Aug 18, 8:41 PM
    • 3,383 Posts
    • 2,717 Thanks
    Alexland
    • 6th Aug 18, 8:41 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 8:41 PM
    It's such a quick job its not going to make any difference to your timeline. One you have a solicitor you will explain how you intend to pay for the property, they will complete the searches and tell you when they need the form to draw the money.

Alex
    • eddiejones
    • By eddiejones 6th Aug 18, 9:35 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    eddiejones
    • 6th Aug 18, 9:35 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 9:35 PM
    Thanks. I was looking on Skipton's page and it was talking about 'up to 30 days' but maybe that is worse case, or I was reading lazily (definitely possible!).
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 6th Aug 18, 9:39 PM
    • 3,383 Posts
    • 2,717 Thanks
    Alexland
    • 6th Aug 18, 9:39 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 9:39 PM
    Thanks. I was looking on Skipton's page and it was talking about 'up to 30 days' but maybe that is worse case, or I was reading lazily (definitely possible!).
    Originally posted by eddiejones
    Yup sounds about right. Buying a property usually takes several months plus. The longest one we had was our current house which took around 6 months. We have not had any take less than 3 months.

Alex
    Last edited by Alexland; 06-08-2018 at 9:41 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

132Posts Today

1,145Users online

Martin's Twitter