Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • moflint
    • By moflint 6th Aug 18, 4:43 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 1Thanks
    moflint
    Won't allow download of purchased video to a computer
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:43 PM
    Won't allow download of purchased video to a computer 6th Aug 18 at 4:43 PM
    I have over 30 titles in my PURCHASED video library with TalkTalk TV. TalkTalk have sold to Rakuten TV and I have just asked their Customer Services if I can download my films that I've purchased.

The answer is Yes, as long as it is to a mobile phone or tablet. Well I don't watch films on my mobile phone, and have no idea how to get them off my phone onto my computer where I can watch them properly.

If I OWN the film then surely I can download it to whatever device I choose. Any tips on dealing with this company?
Page 2
    • Les79
    • By Les79 8th Aug 18, 1:04 AM
    • 499 Posts
    • 612 Thanks
    Les79
    Is Rakuten owned by Play.com or vice versa!

Terrible company, terrible service!

if you download to ios, can you not then just take it off it? Do you have to use a special app to watch the films?
    Originally posted by MB69
    Rakuten owns Play.com, they bought it out a few years ago. I worked in London for Play.com just before the merge. Then I went up to the North East to another non-related company (but one which was kept in the loop with Rakuten). Let me be absolutely clear here; Play.com was an inherently GOOD company.

Play.com was a really good company to work for BUT it had a "Toys R Us" element to it in that the model wasn't sustainable. Cue Rakuten, a japanese company which wanted to be in the top 3 (if I recall correctly; that powerpoint presentation bores me just thinking about it) in the UK market, rivaling Ebay and Amazon. Kudos to them for branching into TalkTalk like, but sod me I feel like it is just a case of a poor company selling rights to another poor company here. Mind you, I say that but does anyone here watch Kobo?
    Last edited by Les79; 08-08-2018 at 1:09 AM.
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 8th Aug 18, 6:29 PM
    • 5,458 Posts
    • 32,362 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    All my old TT films are available in Flixster. I down load using to my iPad and flick to my pc monitor. Easy! Use CONNECT TO MY SMART TV!
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
    • munchpot
    • By munchpot 8th Aug 18, 7:27 PM
    • 145 Posts
    • 233 Thanks
    munchpot
    So why do we use these services? Are they so convenient we can't call at the shop and pick up a DVD for the same price? I won't be "buying" from these services in future, I'd rather have a physical copy.
    Originally posted by moflint
    Because they are often cheaper than individual purchases of physical products.

Often, as well as having to pay a few to licence the film / programme etc the service provider would then have to pay the studio a fee per play / stream and, depending on the studio, this can be a fortune
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,254Posts Today

8,014Users online

Martin's Twitter