Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Muddytrax
    • By Muddytrax 6th Aug 18, 4:36 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Muddytrax
    Armtrac Security Sennen cove car park at it again
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:36 PM
    Armtrac Security Sennen cove car park at it again 6th Aug 18 at 4:36 PM
    I recently visited the gorgeous Sennen Cove in Cornwall, parking in the "top car park" paying a fee of £4.00 to park all day, I used the sticky pad to adhere the newly purchased ticket to the dashboard, at some point during the day the ticket fell onto the floor and when I returned at 1700 a ticket had been issued, I contacted ARMTRAC immediately with a photo of my purchased ticket I got a generic response to fill out the "appeals" form which I stupidly did provide my details thinking I was doing the right thing! Obviously being an internal appeal and a small company they refused my "appeal" and have requested I make payment of £60.00 or £100.00 if not paid in 14 days.

My response to this "appeal" is as follows:

To Whom It May Concern:
    Thank you for your response to my “appeal” I am writing to inform you that I will not be taking this “appeal” any further with the IAS given that you have issued me with an invoice not a council enforceable PCN which I have had in the past for similar reasons addressed in my previous response to you, which has been accepted as proof of payment and overturned. (ticket blew off the dash when I closed the door)

As the land owner for the car park is at no loss for parking fees and this was proved within 24 hours of receiving the ticket ARMTRAC are at no loss other than the cost of ticket materials, I had seen the parking warden at 1430 who had done a round of the car park and had seen my vehicle with a ticket displayed, I went back to have lunch and check that my vehicle was safe before returning to the beach leaving the ticket on display, by leaving my ticket on display I have adhered to the contract of a pay and display car park.
    I live in the vehicle I have to keep it cool given that temperatures have been at an all time high this year I had to leave my windows and roof vents open to ensure equipment in the van would not sustain damage.

I am willing to offer ARMTRAC security services a payment of £10.00 to cover ticket materials.
    I have no fixed abode and the address provided is for mail purposes only! I am informing you that I WILL NOT BE MAKING A PAYMENT OF £60.00 or £100.00 regardless of the time frame, neither will I communicate with 3rd party debt collection agencies as they are not enforceable unless instructed to do so by a CCJ therefore if you are unwilling to accept a payment of £10.00 to cover materials I would recommend you take me to small claims court as soon as possible to resolve this issue, however I will be leaving the country for a period of 2 years within the next 90 days.

To summaries I am refusing to pay this invoice on the following grounds:
    • Poor signage
    • The land owner is at no loss due to the fact I have purchased a day ticket a copy of which has been provided to
    ARMTRAC
    • Extreme weather conditions which meant I needed to leave my windows open to ventilate the vehicle
    • A charge of £60.00 or £100.00 is unjustified for the time and expenses to ARMTRAC given a ticket has already been
    purchased
    • I entered my registration into the machine upon the purchase of a ticket which should be information available to your
    staff when conducting checks

If you would like to accept £10.00 to cover materials, please provide me with a sort code and account number within the next 7 working days.
    If I do not receive correspondence within the next 7 working days regarding account details I will not correspond with ARMTRAC or any 3rd party debt collection agencies until I receive correspondence from the small claims court.
    Kind Regards,

Has anyone reached this stage with this firm of cowboys before where they have offered a partial fee for ticket costs? If not has anyone had court action bought against them by this company? I'm no legal professional but I am lead to believe if you offer a partial payment when going to small claims court it is more likely their case will be dismissed if there has been an offer of "partial payment" if it covers the companys loss. Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Aug 18, 4:43 PM
    • 19,691 Posts
    • 31,162 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:43 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:43 PM
    Has anyone reached this stage with this firm of cowboys before where they have offered a partial fee for ticket costs?
    Quite a few across the range of PPCs, not Amtrac specific. Hardly anyone (to my knowledge) is successful in the approach. I don't rate your chances!

If not has anyone had court action bought against them by this company?
    http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/KBT_Cornwall.html

I'm no legal professional but I am lead to believe if you offer a partial payment when going to small claims court it is more likely their case will be dismissed if there has been an offer of "partial payment" if it covers the companys loss.
    Really, which pub did you hear that in? Seems to me that that approach is an admission of culpability - but, there again, neither am I a legal professional!
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Bananna44
    • By Bananna44 12th Sep 18, 12:48 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bananna44
    • 12th Sep 18, 12:48 PM
    & again
    • 12th Sep 18, 12:48 PM
    Hello, we have the same problem, we parked there a couple of weeks ago, the ticket must have blown over so it was upside down and they gave us a fine. We assumed this would be cancelled when we sent them proof that we paid for a ticket but no, I phoned them to ask them to be reasonable and ethical she just kept asking for payment. So angry, I've googled it these !!!!!!!s seem particularly evil. On the land owners website there is a big thing in capitals and yellow warning that you will get a fine if your ticket blows over and it is windy in Cornwall so they are obviously aware of the problem but don't want to do anything about it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

60Posts Today

2,531Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Lovely package on #newsnight just now about Brexit hitchhiking, livened up what has been not the most exciting show.

• Is this is a serious tweet or a joke? Why did I mention he was a cyclist - because he was a cyclist. Eh? https://t.co/F1SP7UJZkH

• How awful Mark. This is why those people who take risks on the road, have to realise while they think they're gamb? https://t.co/berU23vQOU

• Follow Martin