Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sheepyx3
    • By Sheepyx3 6th Aug 18, 4:29 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sheepyx3
    Short-Term Renting
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:29 PM
    Short-Term Renting 6th Aug 18 at 4:29 PM
    Hey all,

My partner and I (and our 2 dogs) are currently in a bit of an awkward situation. We are in the process of buying our first house, but this has now taken longer than expected and we are now having real issues with finding a place to stay in the meantime. We've moved out of our rental property three months ago and moved in with my partner's family as it was easier to go to house viewings that way (due to location). However, this was only a very temporary solution as we currently live in a 2 bedroom house with 4 people and we can't really stay there for much longer and definitely not for another 6-8 weeks (which is how long it will take approximately).

I was, therefore, wondering if any of you have any ideas where we could live for about 6-8 weeks? We have so far contacted what felt like every estate agent and landlord within a 150-mile radius, but can't find any rental properties that would consider us as everyone is looking for longterm tenants and we're getting desperate now the shortest tenancy we've found is 6 months and there is just no way we can afford a mortage and rent
Page 1
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 6th Aug 18, 4:30 PM
    • 3,638 Posts
    • 3,452 Thanks
    Comms69
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:30 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:30 PM
    Holiday lets? AirBnB?

I mean it's a terrible time of year to do it, but...
    • sal_III
    • By sal_III 6th Aug 18, 4:36 PM
    • 556 Posts
    • 541 Thanks
    sal_III
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:36 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:36 PM
    It will be even harder to do it with 2 dogs.

Hire a caravan?
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 6th Aug 18, 4:37 PM
    • 3,638 Posts
    • 3,452 Thanks
    Comms69
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:37 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:37 PM

Hire a caravan?
    Originally posted by sal_III
    or a canal barge. Atleast you can be near the pub
    • Throwaway1
    • By Throwaway1 6th Aug 18, 5:12 PM
    • 281 Posts
    • 487 Thanks
    Throwaway1
    • 6th Aug 18, 5:12 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 5:12 PM

Hire a caravan?
    Originally posted by sal_III

I'd also suggest a caravan. I know a few people who did that whilst waiting for new builds to complete and at least it is nice weather for it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

989Posts Today

8,718Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin