Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • haribow
    • By haribow 6th Aug 18, 4:22 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    haribow
    Parking Charge Notice
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:22 PM
    Parking Charge Notice 6th Aug 18 at 4:22 PM
    Received a letter today from HX Car park management citing a PCN as it states failure to purchase a ticket within the 10 minute grace period.
    This letter states to pay 60 by the 19/08/2018 or it goes to 100, can this be appealed?
    I've checked the BPA and IPC websites and the company is registered with IPC.
    Any help on how to go forward with this would help a lot :/
    Last edited by haribow; 06-08-2018 at 6:00 PM.
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 6th Aug 18, 4:26 PM
    • 9,002 Posts
    • 9,381 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:26 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:26 PM
    Please start by reading the Newbies Sticky carefully - your use of the word "fine" suggests you badly need to get properly informed about private parking.

The sticky also outlines your options for getting shot of the ticket.

It would also be wise to edit your OP to remove all reference to who was driving. PPCs are known to trawl this forum to try and catch-out posters.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Aug 18, 4:34 PM
    • 19,813 Posts
    • 31,287 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:34 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:34 PM
    Unless you get a landowner cancellation, there are only two other ways of getting shot of this - pay it (not recommended) or get a Judge to cancel it.

HX are relatively litigious, so be ready for court papers - don't be daunted by that, because this is not a criminal case, just a civil case, HX saying you owe them money, you saying you don't. A Judge will decide, but no big court costs, possibly even less than they are currently trying to drain you for. No CCJ, even if you lose, provided you pay within a month.

The good news is that HX use Gladstones Solicitors to pursue their cases for them, and they have a good track record in corking it up for HX. . Why they continue with them, I've no idea, they must be costing them a lot of money!
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • haribow
    • By haribow 6th Aug 18, 6:56 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    haribow
    • 6th Aug 18, 6:56 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 6:56 PM
    There's so much information but i can't seem to find much about appeals regarding drivers who have not purchased a ticket within the 10 minute time frame when entering a private car park.

1. Driver entered car park found a space and parked up.
    2. Answered a phone call (important at that)
    3. Realised didn't have enough change (couldn't use app to pay)
    4. Left to get change
    5. Came back purchased a ticket (Still has said ticket)

Please no snarky comments, came here for guidance and help not to be shot down by rude comments :/
    Thanks
    • waamo
    • By waamo 6th Aug 18, 7:00 PM
    • 4,459 Posts
    • 5,853 Thanks
    waamo
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:00 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:00 PM
    Ask the landowner to cancel it.
    This space for hire.
    • haribow
    • By haribow 6th Aug 18, 7:19 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    haribow
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:19 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:19 PM
    To be honest i have tried looking for the landowner but cannot seem to find the information
    • waamo
    • By waamo 6th Aug 18, 7:27 PM
    • 4,459 Posts
    • 5,853 Thanks
    waamo
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:27 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:27 PM
    Which car park is it? There is a chance someone might know it.
    This space for hire.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Aug 18, 8:27 PM
    • 19,813 Posts
    • 31,287 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 6th Aug 18, 8:27 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 8:27 PM
    There's so much information but i can't seem to find much about appeals regarding drivers who have not purchased a ticket within the 10 minute time frame when entering a private car park.
    But the details are largely irrelevant. You've got a PCN for some alleged infringement. The PPC (nor in this case their second stage appeal provider, the IAS) is not interested in the detail. They just want your money, and they don't care how they get it. But get it they will unless you stand up to them. It's a binary situation.

Please no snarky comments, came here for guidance and help not to be shot down by rude comments :/
    Hope that isn't too snarky or rude!

But once this is over, and you've got a bit of experience under your belt, come back here every day and answer the same questions multiple number of times a day, in your own time, free of charge, every day, 7 days a week voluntarily, to help people with their problem, not our own, then try to keep a total lid on things so as not to 'upset' posters who all have different levels of tolerance. And there's no more than a dozen regular contributors, a number of whom are currently away from the forum on holiday.

Look forward to you joining us very soon. Yes?
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,649Posts Today

3,921Users online

Martin's Twitter