Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • anotheruser
    • By anotheruser 6th Aug 18, 3:42 PM
    • 2,662Posts
    • 1,555Thanks
    anotheruser
    Transferring Money Didn't Work
    • 6th Aug 18, 3:42 PM
    Transferring Money Didn't Work 6th Aug 18 at 3:42 PM
    Quick question:

Transferred some money from a M&S account to a freshly opened Lloyds savings account (already a customer of theirs).
    It's been half an hour now and the money hasn't gone in yet.

Transferred another amount to another Lloyds savings account but the money hasn't transferred over yet either. This account has been open more than a week.

I know the thing says "2 hours" but usually, I've experienced it instantly before.

If the money doesn't appear by tomorrow, will it automatically return to the account from whence it came?
Page 1
    • Terry Towelling
    • By Terry Towelling 6th Aug 18, 4:47 PM
    • 751 Posts
    • 588 Thanks
    Terry Towelling
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:47 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:47 PM
    Assuming all of the account data was correct in the transfers, the most likely explanations are:-

1. You need to wait a bit longer - most likely
    2. M&S has suspended the payments as a fraud precaution
    3. There is a system issue preventing transfers from showing up
    4. They have some kind of payment cut-off during the day and you missed the expiry time
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 8th Aug 18, 9:26 AM
    • 3,169 Posts
    • 38,143 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:26 AM
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:26 AM
    M&S Faster Payments are very slow. The do take close to the two hours. Similar to Tesco.

Remember that the two hours is not a guarantee. Next working day availability is the requirement.
    Originally posted by FriendlyFoe
    Tesco, 2 hours ? I know they're not instant like many banks, but i make multiple transfers in/out daily to Tesco and they always take 5-10mins.
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 8th Aug 18, 2:03 PM
    • 4,020 Posts
    • 2,156 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 8th Aug 18, 2:03 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 2:03 PM
    Neither here nor there - but the other day I used the RBS app to transfer some money to my Starling Bank account. The notification from Starling that it had arrived popped up on my phone even before the RBS app confirmed that it had been sent..!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

151Posts Today

1,836Users online

Martin's Twitter