Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • biggysmaller
    • By biggysmaller 6th Aug 18, 3:29 PM
    • 95Posts
    • 14Thanks
    biggysmaller
    Section 21 and CCJ due to fees - help please
    • 6th Aug 18, 3:29 PM
    Section 21 and CCJ due to fees - help please 6th Aug 18 at 3:29 PM
    Last year my old landlord issued an S21 notice on a flat I was in due to them selling it on.
    I was advised by a Housing Trust to stay in the property until I was evicted due to the fact that I would be rehoused if I intentionally made myself homeless. Even the landlord recommended this!
    A Court hearing date was set, however, on the same day as the hearing date, I had found a place to move in to. I still attended the hearing and explained everything to the judge.
    Now, this is the part that I am miffed about. The landlord asked the judge that I pay the Possession Order fee of 355 - Fair enough. However, I I have found out since that this was a CCJ! - It hardly seems fair that it will be on my credit file for 6 years when everyone advised me to stay.
    Is there any way to remove this from my record? And it correct to receive a CCJ from a possession order fee?
Page 3
    • G_M
    • By G_M 6th Aug 18, 9:37 PM
    • 44,963 Posts
    • 53,575 Thanks
    G_M
    The thread should be moved to the bankruptcy board here.

The issue is nothing to do with property!

But basically the OP failed to pay the landlord's valid claim for court costs.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

81Posts Today

2,003Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin