Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Itsmottyhere
    • By Itsmottyhere 6th Aug 18, 2:59 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Itsmottyhere
    End of tenancy deposit dispute
    • 6th Aug 18, 2:59 PM
    End of tenancy deposit dispute 6th Aug 18 at 2:59 PM
    My daughter has special needs and was living in supported living with 2 friends, during this time her shower backed up due to a blockage, we were informed that this was covered by the landlords insurance. She gave notice to quit some 5/6 months after this. The landlord, despite not requesting any repayments in the interim deducted the shower repairs from her deposit, despite being insured. We have on her behalf tried to recover this money approx. 800.00 but have been advised that as she did not reply to email sent by letting agents, (remembering she has special needs and the letting agents were fully aware of this, so the likely hood of her replying was very slim), she has sent a 'statuary notice' to the Deposit Protection Service. I learnt today that that means that they tried to contact us but we were unresponsive, this is untrue as i have several emails on file that were sent between the letting agents and my husband disputing the deductions. The DPS say that they cannot help. Does anyone know who can.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

944Posts Today

6,047Users online

Martin's Twitter