Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • besonders1
    • By besonders1 6th Aug 18, 1:42 PM
    • 566Posts
    • 501Thanks
    besonders1
    Embossed wallpaper/ anaglypta
    • 6th Aug 18, 1:42 PM
    Embossed wallpaper/ anaglypta 6th Aug 18 at 1:42 PM
    Do decorators paint over new anaglypta pattern wallpaper if only a plain white finish is needed or can if be just left unfinished and painted over next time the room is to be redecorated in a couple of years?
Page 1
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 6th Aug 18, 7:12 PM
    • 1,408 Posts
    • 199 Thanks
    littlerock
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:12 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:12 PM
    I had some put up in my hall some years ago.I don't know how much it has changed since then in the way it is made, but mine needed painting because otherwise it would have got torn and got dirty as it was a porous unfinished surface.

Of course you need to take care when painting it, not to flatten it. But this was all some years back
    • bris
    • By bris 6th Aug 18, 7:39 PM
    • 7,956 Posts
    • 6,953 Thanks
    bris
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:39 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:39 PM
    It tends to be more a paintable lining paper just with a pattern. It's job is to hide imperfections in the walls and is supposed to be painted to finish.
    • MrsStepford
    • By MrsStepford 18th Aug 18, 7:45 PM
    • 161 Posts
    • 329 Thanks
    MrsStepford
    • 18th Aug 18, 7:45 PM
    • 18th Aug 18, 7:45 PM
    I would suggest painting with a silk vinyl emulsion as soon as poss and not using a roller. ou have to try not to flatten it with pressure or get it too wet with paint.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,148Users online

Martin's Twitter