Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dalatise
    • By dalatise 6th Aug 18, 11:39 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    dalatise
    UKCPS parking fine
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:39 AM
    UKCPS parking fine 6th Aug 18 at 11:39 AM
    i received a windscreen fine in ASDA by the UKCPS PCN for parking in the mother and child parking without being accompanied by a child however it was of the intention of collecting my son from a friend in the store. Due to me being naive i appealed immediately on the grounds of i was going in to collect my son and my actions were sincere and i believed it was right to do so however the appeal was rejected and have now been given to option to re-appeal with the IAS within 21days. I have 7 more days to do so. Please i need a candid advice.
    Further, the car is registered in my partner's name and i went ahead to put my details down during the initial appeal as the driver. Are there any remedy to that? What ground can i appeal again?
Page 1
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 6th Aug 18, 1:25 PM
    • 3,677 Posts
    • 4,506 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 6th Aug 18, 1:25 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 1:25 PM
    You didnt recieve a fine.

You dont appeal again, as you woul dhave found out had you read the NEWBIES thread.

File any letters. Ignore ANYTHING that is not a Letter before action OR a court claim form.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 6th Aug 18, 1:37 PM
    • 10,239 Posts
    • 10,134 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 6th Aug 18, 1:37 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 1:37 PM
    They are calling you a liar. Let them put this in front of a judge. In my opinion they would crash and burn.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • dalatise
    • By dalatise 6th Aug 18, 2:03 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dalatise
    • 6th Aug 18, 2:03 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 2:03 PM
    Thank you very much for this as am much relieved. The video was quite helpful
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,464Posts Today

8,842Users online

Martin's Twitter