Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JimmyJones
    • By JimmyJones 6th Aug 18, 11:23 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JimmyJones
    New bathroom instalation. Does the price sound right?
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:23 AM
    New bathroom instalation. Does the price sound right? 6th Aug 18 at 11:23 AM
    Hi Guys,

First post, I'm looking for a little feedback on a quote I've recently had for a new bathroom instalation. Below is a list of jobs that the fitter has included on the quote.

PLUMBER
    Remove existing flooring, tiles, electric shower, radiator and suite.
    Instal new like for like bath, basin, W/C and electric shower.
    Alter heating pipes (slightly) for towel radiator
    Fit backerboard to floor prior to tiling
    Fit waterproof tanking in bath area prior to tiling
    fit new skirting board

TILER
    Tile half stud and splashback around bath (6sqm)
    Tile floor (3sqm)
    Chrome tile trim

ELECTRICIAN
    Disconect existing electric shower
    Connect new electric shower
    Disconect existing ceiling fan.
    Supply and fit 2 LED spotlights
    Supply and fit extractor with LED

PLASTERER
    Underboard and skim ceiling.
    Sim walls where required.

Skip on drive.

The total estimated price for this work without materials unless otherwise stated is £3,000.

I plan on getting a comparison quote however this fitter is very repetable with a large portfolio and great online reviews. I'm wondring if someone can cast an eye over this quote and give me some feedback.

Thanks in advance

Jimmy.
Page 1
    • SuzieSue
    • By SuzieSue 6th Aug 18, 11:56 AM
    • 3,847 Posts
    • 4,060 Thanks
    SuzieSue
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:56 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:56 AM
    Where abouts in the country are you?
    • JimmyJones
    • By JimmyJones 6th Aug 18, 12:01 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JimmyJones
    • 6th Aug 18, 12:01 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 12:01 PM
    Hi SuzieSue,

Thank you for the reply, I knew I'd forget to include somehting! I live in the East Midlands.
    • Hoploz
    • By Hoploz 6th Aug 18, 5:48 PM
    • 3,842 Posts
    • 3,386 Thanks
    Hoploz
    • 6th Aug 18, 5:48 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 5:48 PM
    Sounds reasonable to me. I've just paid a similar amount for mine, though the work was a little different and some materials were included. And I'm in Surrey. This was 7 working days for one guy, and the electrician popped in twice to do the light and shaver socket first and second fixes.

I have done bathrooms with cheaper labour than this previously - £1500 last time - but have never had tiled floors etc, just very basic plumbing on the cheaper ones.

Assuming the fittings are on top of this??
    Last edited by Hoploz; 06-08-2018 at 5:52 PM.
    • Nile
    • By Nile 6th Aug 18, 6:37 PM
    • 14,335 Posts
    • 14,283 Thanks
    Nile
    • 6th Aug 18, 6:37 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 6:37 PM
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

I’ve moved your thread from the ‘In my home’ board to the ‘Is This Quote Fair?’ board, where it is better suited.

Regards

Nile
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,709Posts Today

7,722Users online

Martin's Twitter