Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Brighty
    • By Brighty 6th Aug 18, 11:12 AM
    • 743Posts
    • 387Thanks
    Brighty
    Are we Expat BTL or not? Any broker recommendations please
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:12 AM
    Are we Expat BTL or not? Any broker recommendations please 6th Aug 18 at 11:12 AM
    Hi all

Own some rental properties with my brother.
    Property A. mortgaged and rented out
    Property B. mortgage free and rented out
    Property C. mortgage free and currently empty, awaiting refurb

We need to raise approx 60k to fund the refurb on property C, before we can rent it out. We are hoping to remortgage property A, to clear it's current 45k mortgage and raise the additional, so 105k total on a property worth 370k

Problem is, while i live, work and own a home in the UK, my brother lives, works and owns a home in Germany.
    Would that mean we need an expat BTL or not? I've tried a few brokers, but none have bothered to get back to me. Anyone recomend a broker that would be suited to this? Getting desperate now as we have a builder waiting to start but we can't press go until we have funds secured.

Thanks

Brighty
Page 1
    • ACG
    • By ACG 6th Aug 18, 11:28 AM
    • 17,962 Posts
    • 9,752 Thanks
    ACG
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:28 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:28 AM
    I think it might be.
    I do not do BTLs anymore, there is not enough demand to keep our knowledge up to date. However, I have placed similar cases to yours with a little building society (unfortunately I can not name lenders).

I would suggest speaking to a broker, but you have tried that. There is a broker called Conti who I think are the biggest broker in that part of the market. I have no idea if they are any good or not, but it might be worth giving them a shout.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,057Posts Today

6,288Users online

Martin's Twitter