Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chippy1946
    • By chippy1946 6th Aug 18, 11:04 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    chippy1946
    ppi
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:04 AM
    ppi 6th Aug 18 at 11:04 AM
    Good Morning,
    I had a mortgage i think jointly with my late husband through Barclays bank thirty years ago, iam thinking about seeing if we had PPI on our home.
    In the end we lost the property through a slump in the market, but sold property before repossession

My question is can I and how do I start the process?
    Being seventy three years old I have to try and retrieve something from those very dark days.
    with thanks

P K.
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 6th Aug 18, 11:55 AM
    • 96,058 Posts
    • 63,875 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:55 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:55 AM
    I had a mortgage i think jointly with my late husband through Barclays bank thirty years ago, iam thinking about seeing if we had PPI on our home.
    That is a long time ago. PPi was an 80s product but didnt get heavily sold by banks until around 1990. It was a bit of a minority product until early 90s.

My question is can I and how do I start the process?
    Ask your bank. Chances are that they have nothing after all this time. Although the same odds apply to you actually having PPI in the first place. Most people never had it and you are a looking at a period when it wasnt sold much. Plus, you are looking at the type of PPI that you can still buy today as its one of the good types.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 6th Aug 18, 11:58 AM
    • 6,189 Posts
    • 3,769 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:58 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:58 AM
    Could have been life insurance or MIG as much as PPI

If neither of you have records your complaint will not proceed
    • chippy1946
    • By chippy1946 6th Aug 18, 1:34 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    chippy1946
    • 6th Aug 18, 1:34 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 1:34 PM
    Thank you all for your comments.
    It was just a thought before time runs out.
    Regards to all
    P.K.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,231Posts Today

8,149Users online

Martin's Twitter