Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nrishiraj
    • By nrishiraj 6th Aug 18, 10:56 AM
    • 220Posts
    • 25Thanks
    nrishiraj
    Affordable perennials plants?
    • 6th Aug 18, 10:56 AM
    Affordable perennials plants? 6th Aug 18 at 10:56 AM
    Hi

Anyone know where one can find affordable perennials if you're on a low budget (besides a lucky bargain at Lidl and Aldi) offline or online. The usual garden centres are too pricy.

Thanks
Page 1
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 6th Aug 18, 11:00 AM
    • 926 Posts
    • 2,228 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:00 AM
    B&M stores with garden sections tend to be well priced, last time I went about 6 weeks they had a good range of plants in their 3 for 5 offer.
    • TUVOK
    • By TUVOK 6th Aug 18, 11:00 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    TUVOK
    Home Bargains very often have perennial plants on a rack outside their door, some times not common variety's , but at a very good price.
    You can of course ask friends and family for a section of perennial plants that they have in their garden, get them now to establish them before the winter.
    • keith969
    • By keith969 6th Aug 18, 11:08 AM
    • 1,310 Posts
    • 962 Thanks
    keith969
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:08 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:08 AM
    I can think of two cheap as chips ways:

1) Grow from seed.
    2) Take cuttings.
    Heaven wasn't built in a day
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,026Posts Today

9,384Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin