Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bouicca21
    • By bouicca21 6th Aug 18, 10:55 AM
    • 3,952Posts
    • 6,254Thanks
    bouicca21
    OneDrive
    • 6th Aug 18, 10:55 AM
    OneDrive 6th Aug 18 at 10:55 AM
    I suspect this is an incredibly stupid question with a simple answer but I've googled and googled and can't sort it out ...

I have a one drive account. The idea was to park my working documents somewhere accessible from either of my computers (a laptop and a desktop). But if I work on the laptop and save a document to onedrive I can't see it when working on the desktop and vice versa.

I'm beginning to think that life would be simpler if I were just to buy a portable hard drive and save stuff to that...
Page 1
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 6th Aug 18, 11:19 AM
    • 3,720 Posts
    • 1,793 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:19 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:19 AM
    I have a one drive account.
    Originally posted by bouicca21
    Assuming one drive is running on both computers...right-mouse-click the one drive clouds (bottom-right of screen) and click view online.
    Sign in with your account (if already logged in, log off and log in again just to ensure you are using the correct account!). You'll then see what is in the cloud - should see the same from both computers. Tell us what you see.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
    • lammy82
    • By lammy82 6th Aug 18, 11:22 AM
    • 377 Posts
    • 356 Thanks
    lammy82
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:22 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:22 AM
    Are you sure you're using the same OneDrive account on both devices?

Go here and sign in: https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-gb/signin/

Which files do you see? The laptop or the desktop ones? This will tell you which device isn't synchronizing.

On each machine, right-click on the 'OneDrive' folder in explorer and select 'Settings'. Then on the Account tab you can check which account it is linked to. If they are different, then click 'Add an account' on the one that's 'wrong' and add the details of the other account.
    • bouicca21
    • By bouicca21 8th Aug 18, 1:05 PM
    • 3,952 Posts
    • 6,254 Thanks
    bouicca21
    • 8th Aug 18, 1:05 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 1:05 PM
    Thanks - it is finally sorted and the desktop is quietly chuntering away synching an enormous backlog of files.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,434Posts Today

7,752Users online

Martin's Twitter