Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 6th Aug 18, 10:35 AM
    • 289Posts
    • 116Thanks
    MSE Callum
    Barclays rapped by competition watchdog after second PPI breach - MSE News
    • 6th Aug 18, 10:35 AM
    Barclays rapped by competition watchdog after second PPI breach - MSE News 6th Aug 18 at 10:35 AM
    The competition watchdog has taken action against Barclays after it failed, for a second time, to send annual PPI reminders to some Littlewoods credit card customers...
    Read the full story:
    'Barclays rapped by competition watchdog after second PPI breach'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 6th Aug 18, 12:19 PM
    • 20,757 Posts
    • 11,593 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 6th Aug 18, 12:19 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 12:19 PM
    The PPI scandal continues to roll on even as we enter the final year of PPI complaints being accepted..
    • ~Brock~
    • By ~Brock~ 6th Aug 18, 1:45 PM
    • 1,585 Posts
    • 1,479 Thanks
    ~Brock~
    • 6th Aug 18, 1:45 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 1:45 PM
    I can't believe that anyone even bothers offering PPI to customers anymore with all the pratting about of sending annual reminders about cancellation & shopping around.

The bottom line is that this product has been killed off as a result of previous mass mis-selling but then a poorly handled redress process overseen by the FSA and hoisted on an unprepared FOS.

Ten years later and the mess still hasn't been cleared up and in the meantime the ability to quickly and easily protect essential credit commitments has all but disappeared to the average Joe Public who would never consider actually shopping around in the first place.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,659Posts Today

9,032Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin