Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 6th Aug 18, 9:45 AM
    • 4,229Posts
    • 36,217Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    What small DFW things will you do this week? W/C 6 August
    • 6th Aug 18, 9:45 AM
    What small DFW things will you do this week? W/C 6 August 6th Aug 18 at 9:45 AM
    When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important!
    December in the Tardis #16 nsd = 6 New life = new debt
    DFD #1: 6 Nov 15 - paid 28,447
Page 2
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 8th Aug 18, 8:23 AM
    • 5,351 Posts
    • 42,313 Thanks
    DawnW
    Spinach and feta filo pie:
    You need:

About half a pack of filo pastry (the other half goes in the freezer for next time)
    Lots of spinach - I can't give weights as I never weigh it, just use what I pick. A big stockpot of uncooked spinach pushed down tightly if that helps!
    One or two packs of feta (or Sainsburys basics Greek salad cheese) to taste. You can also add any ends of leftover / dried up bits of any other cheese if you like / have any.

Olive oil, salt and pepper.

Wash spinach and put into a large pan, cook over a highish heat till it wilts down. No extra water needed, apart from the washing water that clings to it. Drain in a colander, pressing as much water out of it as you can. Put back in the pan, then crumble in feta (and grate in any ends of other cheese if you have it) and season well with salt and pepper, remembering though that feta is quite salty.

Brush a baking dish with olive oil and line with several layers of filo pastry, letting it overlap / over hang the sides. You need to dab the layers with the olive oil brush to make them stick together a bit - but you don't need much.

Fill with spinach and feta mixture - you can do half, fold pastry over and do another layer if you like, but I usually don't bother. Fold over flaps of pastry overhanging the edge of the dish, again dotting with olive oil where they need to stick together. Add more filo to the top if needed.

Brush over the surface with more olive oil and bake at Gas 6 or 200 degrees for about 20 minutes.
    Now the slightly tricky part - get out the pie which should now be nice and brown on top, invert onto a baking tray and slide back into its original baking dish to brown the underneath. This is only tricky because you need approximately 3 hands. The pie will stay together well, and won't break up unless you drop it on the floor!

Back in the oven for another 10 or 15 minutes, it will look nice and brown when done.

Nice hot, warm or cold

Hopefully this makes sense - let me know if not. It is surprisingly difficult to write down a recipe for something you have just made for years. It is pretty easy though, much easier to do than write!

• PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 8th Aug 18, 9:53 AM
    • 2,447 Posts
    • 16,619 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    Thanks Dawn sounds yummy and useful for my current feta mountain
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 8th Aug 18, 10:50 AM
    • 4,465 Posts
    • 23,918 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Morning Sunshades,
    So far on the frugal frontier:
    *Washed hair - no straighteners today....it doesn't stay straight long in this humidity so am saving electricity.
    *Half price overnight laundry pegged out to dry for free.
    *Watered veg.
    *Picked another squash to add to stash of our home grown veg in the fridge.
    *Made bread dough - it's proving atm.
    *Chilli in slow cooker using 250g l/o beef chunks from freezer. Nice to be using our own peppers now.
    *Free fitness bailing bathwater out onto flower beds & boogie-ing non-stop to half an hour of 1970s tracks in my bra & pants......no pricey fitness gear here!
    *Unblocked a drain. Stinky work but infinitely better than a plumber call-out charge when all it usually takes is a few pokes & a bowlful of hot soda crystal solution.
    Still to do:
    *Ironing.....loathsome task so will only do what really needs it.
    *Wash fabric prior to attempting to cut out my new top.
    *Make a picnic for tomorrow - mr f working a.m only in home town so we are strolling to the riverside/castle afterwards for a picnic lunch.
    *Decide which chutneys to make this year to make best use of our produce.
    *Pick blackberries.
    *Knit.
    I may get more done as I go along, but those are all my planned jobs.
    Have a good day, all......esp. CCL on holiday. Enjoy the break.
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    Loan pay-down fund instalment 2 = 470-01
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = 320 2016 = 210 2017 = 304 2018 = 403
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 8th Aug 18, 11:10 AM
    • 5,351 Posts
    • 42,313 Thanks
    DawnW
    Hello again,
    Just realised that I hadn't actually done my list
    Was going to look after GD today, but her Mum asked if we could swap to tomorrow, so good incentive to get stuff done. It is also cooler, which makes it all less effort!

Done so far:
    Raspberries and blueberries from garden for breakfast fruit
    Got fish and ginger out of freezer for a fish curry later. This will also use HG French beans and cherry tomatoes

Ironing, only a few bits, but I hate it hanging around!
    Checked banks, updated spreadsheet with yesterday's spends
    Sorted out sink area / dishwasher on

Helped OH to carry a wheelbarrow load of wood offcuts and half the side of an old shed back from outside a neighbour's back gate - neighbour asked if we wanted it for the wood stove

Still to do:
    Strip off bed and wash linen washed it ok, but OH was trundlng up and down the garden with firewood (our garden is quite wee, and the washing line is alongside the path, and wheelbarrow loads of wood and hanging sheets aren't a good combination Then DD and kids appeared, so it didn't get done ... then it rained Will peg it out to dry in the morning.
    Peg out on line to dry see above
    Contemplate 9 off a 60 shop voucher from Sainsburys. I shop in there often, but don't spend enough for their liking. They are therefore sending me these quite big vouchers. Earlier this week, I used a voucher to get 7.50 off a 50 shop. Trouble is, they are for a very big (for me) shop. Probably worth using them while they are sending them, to stock up. Previous experience tells me that they won't keep coming for long! I might do an online shop for a change.... Discovered the printer has run out of ink This will account for a chunk of the 60 spend - it is a business cost, so is tax deductable, but I still have to spend out in the first place.
    All food from home, leftover spinach and feta pie for lunch, will make curry later for dinner Done, fish curry was yummy. Lots of sauce left over, so I might just do the same again tomorrow, with additional fish and veg
    Water whatever needs it in the garden It rained
    Pick any produce that is ready Not done
    Restock camper van coffee and tea supplies, and put GD's car seat in there ready for tomorrow Not yet
    Do something with fallen apples - might get the dehydrator out and do some dried apple rings Done, must put them away when cool

Best make more coffee, and get the washing machine on
    Last edited by DawnW; 08-08-2018 at 7:04 PM.

• uphillstruggler
    • By uphillstruggler 8th Aug 18, 12:07 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 820 Thanks
    uphillstruggler
    Afternoon all,

Dawn thanks for the recipe. Love feta

Had a good NSD yesterday and popped to the library for some new books. Today will hopefully be a NSD too.

Today I will/have:

*B/L/D from stores
    *get expenses sheet to the accountant - done, phew
    *quick clean of house
    *beautify myself in some way - use up some of the products on my shelves
    *try to get the garden waste to the tip
    *check accounts and outgoing payments
    *find out who has paid 200 into my account... can't work it out for the life of me but not spending it in case it goes away again!
    *check credit file. I've tried the MSE club but for some reason it won't allow me to join - maybe it doesn't recognise an address. I did live at a place in the last three years that doesn't have a Royal Mail Address...maybe it's that? I put Cl**rscore on my phone but it has me down as, well, in rather a better situation than I truly am. Something is not quite right. Any suggestions for an alternative?

Have a lovely day all,
    US
    Emergencies account: 500/500
    • carrielovesfanta
    • By carrielovesfanta 8th Aug 18, 7:33 PM
    • 1,865 Posts
    • 14,528 Thanks
    carrielovesfanta
    Hi folks

I am here. Just having the most insane week at work and trying to keep my $h!t together...

At least today is my Friday. Will post a nice frugal list tomorrow for my weekend.

Love you all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: 10,490.31

SAVINGS: 10,000!
    • carrielovesfanta
    • By carrielovesfanta 8th Aug 18, 7:35 PM
    • 1,865 Posts
    • 14,528 Thanks
    carrielovesfanta
    Spinach and feta filo pie:
    You need:

About half a pack of filo pastry (the other half goes in the freezer for next time)
    Lots of spinach - I can't give weights as I never weigh it, just use what I pick. A big stockpot of uncooked spinach pushed down tightly if that helps!
    One or two packs of feta (or Sainsburys basics Greek salad cheese) to taste. You can also add any ends of leftover / dried up bits of any other cheese if you like / have any.

Olive oil, salt and pepper.

Wash spinach and put into a large pan, cook over a highish heat till it wilts down. No extra water needed, apart from the washing water that clings to it. Drain in a colander, pressing as much water out of it as you can. Put back in the pan, then crumble in feta (and grate in any ends of other cheese if you have it) and season well with salt and pepper, remembering though that feta is quite salty.

Brush a baking dish with olive oil and line with several layers of filo pastry, letting it overlap / over hang the sides. You need to dab the layers with the olive oil brush to make them stick together a bit - but you don't need much.

Fill with spinach and feta mixture - you can do half, fold pastry over and do another layer if you like, but I usually don't bother. Fold over flaps of pastry overhanging the edge of the dish, again dotting with olive oil where they need to stick together. Add more filo to the top if needed.

Brush over the surface with more olive oil and bake at Gas 6 or 200 degrees for about 20 minutes.
    Now the slightly tricky part - get out the pie which should now be nice and brown on top, invert onto a baking tray and slide back into its original baking dish to brown the underneath. This is only tricky because you need approximately 3 hands. The pie will stay together well, and won't break up unless you drop it on the floor!

Back in the oven for another 10 or 15 minutes, it will look nice and brown when done.

Nice hot, warm or cold

Hopefully this makes sense - let me know if not. It is surprisingly difficult to write down a recipe for something you have just made for years. It is pretty easy though, much easier to do than write!
    Originally posted by DawnW

I have made very similar open topped pies (flans??) with grated courgette and feta (squeeze the water out of the courgette first) and roasted butternut squash and feta.

I tend to bind the mixture with a couple of eggs too. Great flexible recipe
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: 10,490.31

SAVINGS: 10,000!
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 9th Aug 18, 8:30 AM
    • 2,447 Posts
    • 16,619 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    Morning all hope you are able to relax at the 'weeekend' CLF

Few things including some from yesterday:
    Used butter wrapper to grease a cake tin
    Used some frozen lemon zest to bump up the one lemon I had to make a lemon drizzle cake
    Froze half a stock cube (gelly type ones)
    Picked a massive tub of blackberries and wild raspberries, will find something to do with them today. Ideally not going in the freezer as still have some from last year that I put in crumbles - I'm thinking jam
    Check banking
    Check for surveys
    Pick some more tomatoes
    Quick vacuum through
    Research printer ink - thanks for the prompt Dawn I only remember when I go to print something and then forget when I walk back down the stairs.
    Out for walk wth friend tonight for free exercise and out the world to rights
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 9th Aug 18, 8:48 AM
    • 7,065 Posts
    • 41,709 Thanks
    determined new ms
    Morning Just about coming round now - dunno why but recently it takes me a while to get bushy tailed in the mornings!

I'm off again today and feeling in need of some down time, so no plans to meet up with anyone today. So intend to potter around, and do some of the annoying jobs that are outstanding:

* sort out the kitchen - use cleaning products in (really minimal here! )
    * use a paracetamol to clean bottom of iron
    * get sewing machine out and take up dress - got in a cs a couple of months ago but it didn't fit and now it does
    * repair a zip on a playsuit I got for a couple of last year and still haven't repaired
    * investigate if I can repair torn jean - they are torn anyway but over the years the thigh tears means my whole front of my thigh is exposed!
    * take library books back and get some more - will do this shortly as it's set to rain today - all day - and heavily later on
    * do a house insurance search
    * reminded oh he owes me money
    * hang up washing (sadly I didn't get it together to do it yesterday so will have to be inside)
    * make a cucumber salad to use up tons of cucumbers
    * make a bean chilli & freeze in portions
    * check banking and transfer some money
    * take photo of meters and send to supplier

Ok that's more than enough! Hope you all have a lovely day
    Last edited by determined new ms; 09-08-2018 at 5:20 PM.
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling 2017 3016.55/Roadkill 8.73
    Wombling 2018 145.73/RK 0.04
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 9th Aug 18, 10:44 AM
    • 5,351 Posts
    • 42,313 Thanks
    DawnW
    Morning all

Hope you get a break after today CLF Your pie ideas sound good too - I imagine they would be a bit like a quiche? I will certainly be trying the courgette one soon!
    Picnic with GD today, thought we would go to the canal flight of locks quite near us, and go for a walk along the canal and look at the boats. Picnic packed, camper van ready to go, but holding off till about 11 as she will want to go for a picnic straight away, and we would end up with a very early lunch

So far I have:
    Pegged out washing that didn't get done yesterday - doesn't look much like drying though!
    Picked and froze a colander of French beans - open froze them on a tray to avoid having to use whole bagfuls of them at once!
    Picked some raspberries and blueberries to put in picnic for GD
    Picked a courgette and a cucumber, plus a bowlful of cherry tomatoes
    Replied to a message about an item on ebay

To do later:
    Roast a trayful of cherry tomatoes with some garlic, herbs and olive oil and put through the mouli to make some sauce for freezer
    Put fish in marinade, as I have curry sauce left from last night's fish curry - so I will cook more veg and fish in it and we will have the same again tonight to use it up! We don't mind having the same thing twice running if it is nice
    Pack 2 ebay items ready for posting tomorrow
    I will need to water some of my large pots even if it does rain -not all though!

Gap up rows of seedlings with more seeds now it has rained a bit - germination was very sporadic!

That is enough for today I think!

• Happy Kitties
    • By Happy Kitties 9th Aug 18, 2:02 PM
    • 701 Posts
    • 5,443 Thanks
    Happy Kitties
    Afternoon everyone

Bit of a topsy turvy morning.
    Meeting first thing
    Then as h. barg@ins is nearby I popped in to get a couple of bits needed. Picked up a couple of colouring/sticker sets for my Christmas boxes for 29p.....bargain compared to paying 99p for basically the same product from the c. f@ctory

Back home to check banking, everything good as have a d.debit going out tomorrow
    Washing in and more to go out on the line.
    Big parcel now all packed and ready for picking up tomorrow
    Cashed out in quidco

Still need to do a Bolognese in s.cooker ready for tea
    Package up an eBay item ready to send tomorrow
    Do a full disinfect of cat area
    Need to wrap some birthday presents.......going to use the plain foil wrapping out of the Christmas packs rather than buy a roll especially
    Think that's about it from me.
    Off to get a cuppa and a snack before I start on the afternoon stuff

Have a good afternoon everyone and CLF enjoy your weekend, sounds like you have really earnt it.x
    Last edited by Happy Kitties; 09-08-2018 at 2:04 PM. Reason: Addition to list
    2017 birthday savings shopping frugally = 481.15:money. 2018 birthday savings so far=360.66
    • dearbarbie
    • By dearbarbie 9th Aug 18, 4:18 PM
    • 537 Posts
    • 828 Thanks
    dearbarbie
    Hello all - today I joined this!

I've started turning power off for things like TV and router when I'm not at my place - I stay at my bf's a few nights a week so makes sense...although once I was so overzealous about that on holiday last year for a fortnight... I didn't realise I turned my freezer off and lost a load of food!

I have been super conscious to make packed lunches and breakfasts every day...but failed yesterday as stayed at my bf's house and forgot to prepare.

Tonight I'll be working on making my blog a bit more monetised!
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 10th Aug 18, 7:56 AM
    • 5,351 Posts
    • 42,313 Thanks
    DawnW
    Morning all
    I was up early after a not great night's sleep, but am determined to make the most of the day

Modest list:
    Pack and post 2 ebay parcels
    Check banks and update spreadsheet
    Buy printer ink and a couple of other things - I have a voucher
    Make roasted tomato sauce with cherry tomato mountain
    Ironing - only the things that really need it though!
    Clean downstairs floors
    Clean first flight of stairs
    Repot parsley plants into empty big pots
    Cook a pan of potatoes - wanting to use up rest of home grown earlies, and I need some to make a frittata for dinner tonight
    Watering this evening, unless we get some decent rain.

That will do, I think!

• Thrice
    • By Thrice 10th Aug 18, 10:38 AM
    • 88 Posts
    • 406 Thanks
    Thrice
    Morning all!

Friday at last! Good for those like me who don't work the weekends!

All food from stores (0 left in this weeks grocery budget)
    Check comps every day, surveys etc as usual
    Check banking - done today. Moved 300 from my current account into the savings pile (to pay for car repairs on the hire car)
    Update spends for August - Still not started but will start tonight, I've got receipts and post-it's for everything so just need to sit down and do it!
    Start writing a list of all the house jobs needing done (NOT looking forward to this one!) - Still not started cos I really don't want to see the list
    Write a list of all points etc I've got lying on cards, and see if I can use for remaining birthday gifts or christmas presents. I've got over 60 worth of Boots points for a start - Need to do this!!

Adding on -

Triage the fridge, see if I can freeze / dehydrate anything. Work meals for the weekend from what's left from this weeks shopping.
    Make a big pot of lentil or spicy lentil soup and freeze portions
    Waiting on a call back from London & Country (thanks for the MSE email links!) to try to sort a new mortgage. I was on a fixed 5 year deal which has just ended.

Hope everyone is doing well x
    SPC010 22.05
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 10th Aug 18, 1:26 PM
    • 4,229 Posts
    • 36,217 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Hello
    I'm back! For the moment anyway - can't believe I get to do it all again for 3 days next week as well (it seemed like a good idea at the time when I planned it). It was quite a spendy few days but nothing really unexpected. The kids had an amazing time, although my body hates me for the amount of walking I forced it to do - I'm really not used to 16000+ steps a day, and I'm a big girl so it was hard work.
    Got home to find that the bathroom repairs were more complex than originally thought - thank goodness I've found a handyman to help out. He's done it all, but I will need to keep saving up for more maintenance to be done. There is lots needing done, but nothing urgent.
    I had a bit of a lie in this morning then got up, cleared my food cupboard and sorted it, followed by a quick grocery shop.
    Also remembered to ring up my pension company to get a value for my pension for the divorce. This is where I am going to significantly lose out...
    Need to do a couple more things today and if I write them here I will be accountable and get them done... 1. Read gas and electric meters, 2. Complete exam review, 3. Marking.
    I'm pleased it's a bit cooler, but still sunny outside
    • Thrice
    • By Thrice 10th Aug 18, 2:31 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 406 Thanks
    Thrice
    Ah CCL you reminded me! I submitted my meter readings a few days ago, and managed to reduce both direct debits, plus I took a 130 credit against my gas account!!

DH said last night he wanted to book his CBT test, which cost 130....... So I offered my refund as his birthday present, and he's booked his test! Phoned them today to pay for it and managed to get them down to 99 so saved a bit too!
    SPC010 22.05
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 10th Aug 18, 2:55 PM
    • 4,465 Posts
    • 23,918 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Hi Friday Frugalistas,
    Weird sort of day, but delighted to see some proper rain. Have spent ages on the phone this morning. 7 calls to the hospital, 1 call to my sister (about the hospital) & a call from Mum (in the hospital - still the wrong one & no sign of a transfer). Slept better though - took 2 valerian. Enough of this moaning. Have also:
    *Picked more tomatoes & courgettes.
    *Picked up another basket of windfall apples.
    *Made chutney with a kilo of the apples - Bengal chutney - not a recipe I've tried before. Think will go great with chicken & curries.
    *Fed a bowlful of scraps to worm composter.
    *Easy 'free' meal tonight - last of the bakers with a portion of the curried mince & peas I made in my slow cooker the other week.
    *Sort out online grocery delivery when it arrives.
    *Free fitness - Whitesnake/Deep Purple/Rainbow/Dio CD at the ready for a bit of aerobics/dancing hybrid activity....hey, if it burns flab, I'm not bothered!
    *All free leisure today - a bit of knitting & I want to finish both my book & audiobook.
    Ok, time to wield the Dyson.
    Cheers all,
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings grow!
    Loan pay-down fund instalment 2 = 470-01
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = 320 2016 = 210 2017 = 304 2018 = 403
    • Happy Kitties
    • By Happy Kitties 10th Aug 18, 10:13 PM
    • 701 Posts
    • 5,443 Thanks
    Happy Kitties
    Evening everyone

Has been a productive but strange day
    Went out first thing this morning to get cat food (still going to tesc@s as this is where it is still the cheapest) in the rain and it was freezing cold.
    Came out to see blue skies and it just warming up.
    Mid morning rain again, I had washing on line but by the afternoon we had blue skies again and temps were really up. Washing dried so will get the rest on the line tomorrow.

Was hoping that the rain would stop as I wanted to pop out in the afternoon to post an eBay parcel.
    Decided while I was out that I would get a couple of other things done which would save me time tomorrow.
    Picked up some new pillowcases in the Arg@s sale and used RM vouchers so only cost a 1 for the 2 packs I bought
    Popped to get some birthday cards and picked up a big bear in the c.f@ctory sale down to 99p. Thought I had waved off my last charity parcel today but I have a few unwanted present bits and a few of DDs cuddlies that can go so I will do one final box. It is actually doing me a favour with some decluttering aswell.

Strange thing happened on the way back to the car. An old man shuffling past with a stick insisted on giving me a pound. He was adamant and it was obvious he had it ready. I don't know whether he was doing random acts of kindness. Started chatting to a man sitting on a bench after who had seen it all who said that there was no way I was going to stop this chap from giving me the pound but still made me feel bad. It confirmed to me that doing one final charity box was the right thing to do for my random act of kindness.
    Still have paperwork to be done-must do this
    Made my Bolognese sauce yesterday forgetting that DD was going out for food with a friend last night and tonight she treated me and my mum to take away. will portion up and freeze tomorrow.

foxgloves the Bengal chutney sounds interesting
    CCL I've treated DD and her BF to an Alton Towers stay at the end of the month. Got it on a really good deal. DD thought it was for me and her but my days of Alton Towers and lasting a day never mind 3 days are well and truly over, but i know they will have a great time and make the most of it. Couldn't believe how cheap it was, they will spend 2 nights at the Alton Towers hotel. When i took DD and DN several years ago for one night it cost a fortune but this was a cracking deal
    2017 birthday savings shopping frugally = 481.15:money. 2018 birthday savings so far=360.66
    • allydowd
    • By allydowd 11th Aug 18, 8:13 AM
    • 4,410 Posts
    • 28,595 Thanks
    allydowd
    Hi August-Austerees,

Morning! Just a quick visit. Been living ITRW a lot this week and practising saying "no" a lot. And absolutely no unpaid overtime. Tesco Clubcard vouchers have arrived.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

THINGS I WILL DO:

* Check online banking. Done.

* Take medication. Done.

* Turn alarm clock off at the wall til tonight. Done.

* Get some exercise. ave done lots of free running this week.

* Packed lunches this week have been mainly YS shrubbery.

* Continue to negotiate payrise.

Things don't have to be perfect to be wonderful.
    Last edited by allydowd; 11-08-2018 at 8:17 AM.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015
    The Joy Account: 10
    Bold 100 Miles Bicycle Bonanza Challenge: Completed
    Run 25 Miles for Sanity Challenge: Completed
    "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 11th Aug 18, 8:48 AM
    • 4,229 Posts
    • 36,217 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Morning all
    As I suspected, once I wrote my couple of things down I got them all done yesterday afternoon. Work for the exam board is all up to date again, and I read gas and electric meters and applied for a new deal as my fix is due to end in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately I don't think I'm 130 in credit Thrice, but never mind - I'm hoping I might knock a few off my dd (especially now that there are only 3 of us in the house).
    It took most of the afternoon to get caught up on work, then I spent the evening relaxing and catching up with tv I'd missed while I was away. Bit of a contrast to the past few days that's for sure.
    Today's plans include catching up with bestie, and detailed planning of next week's trip. They do some fantastic deals with the hotels HK - but it was still a better deal for us to rent a cottage for a few days. I also think that they are a bit sneaky with all of their extra charges - car parks, fast track tickets etc. It soon adds up that's for sure. However, as I say - the kids enjoy it, and that's the most important thing to me for the moment.
    Have a good day all
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

416Posts Today

2,469Users online

Martin's Twitter