Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ash269
    • By Ash269 6th Aug 18, 7:17 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ash269
    Salary Overpayment
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:17 AM
    Salary Overpayment 6th Aug 18 at 7:17 AM
    Hi

I received a letter 2 years after i left my previous employer (I left in July 2016 and I received the letter in in may 2018) stating that I was overpayed for a month after I left. I did receive a payment after I left but I assumed it was for untaken leave and / or part of my bonus. I was under this assumption because but it was lower than my usual salary and i didn't receive my final pay slip or anything after I left to state anything different. I've been trying to contact the number provided on the overpayment letter from the time i received the letter and final (after numerous calls and voicemails left) got hold of the person who sent the letter. I informed them that i would need proof of the overpayment before i can repaid it. This was in June 2018 and I have since sent emails to the person and tried calling again but to no avail.I am in the process of sending them a written letter (registered mail). What else can I do?
    Last edited by Ash269; 06-08-2018 at 7:20 AM.
Page 1
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 6th Aug 18, 10:11 AM
    • 5,713 Posts
    • 9,937 Thanks
    sangie595
    • 6th Aug 18, 10:11 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 10:11 AM
    You don't need to do anything. You've asked them for proof you owe it, and it is now up to them to prove it.
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 6th Aug 18, 12:23 PM
    • 5,654 Posts
    • 6,359 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 6th Aug 18, 12:23 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 12:23 PM
    I would go ahead and send the letter. Receipt of e-mails can be denied as can the content of phone conversations. After that I wouldn't do anything else.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,728Posts Today

7,902Users online

Martin's Twitter