Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sharpy12
    • By sharpy12 6th Aug 18, 12:14 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sharpy12
    Ebay item sent through CollectPlus
    • 6th Aug 18, 12:14 AM
    Ebay item sent through CollectPlus 6th Aug 18 at 12:14 AM
    Hi all.

I sold an item on eBay and sent through CollectPlus as it was quite a heavy item. Posted it via local shop and 2 days later tracking showed that the item was delivered. Great.

Over a week later, I get an message from the buyer saying he had not received the item; I ask him to check with neighbours etc. Contact CollectPlus and they said it was signed for by _________. Buyer says he does not know anyone by that name. He then comes back and says he found a shop that had the parcel and they sent it back to me?! I pass this info onto CollectPlus and they say this didn't happen and repeat that the item was signed for by ________.

Buyer has now opened a dispute on eBay and ebay are saying that since i can't prove that the item was delivered to him then he gets a refund. I don't have a receipt for when i dropped off the parcel cause it was all online and they won't accept screenshots even though it shows tracking number, address sent to and tracking shows item was delivered.

Getting really frustrated because now I have lost an item, had no money for it, and been charged postage! I have 100% feedback on eBay and am an 'above average seller' though seriously considering deleting my account and not giving them another penny!
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 6th Aug 18, 5:49 AM
    • 27,766 Posts
    • 11,261 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 6th Aug 18, 5:49 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 5:49 AM
    You need tracking to show it was delivered. Not the proof of posting.

Give ebay the proof of delivery.

Delete your ebay account because your courier may have messed up?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • alykatz
    • By alykatz 6th Aug 18, 7:09 AM
    • 861 Posts
    • 701 Thanks
    alykatz
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:09 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:09 AM
    Why havent you added the tracking number to the case showing it was delivered?
    • soolin
    • By soolin 6th Aug 18, 7:13 PM
    • 60,931 Posts
    • 43,498 Thanks
    soolin
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:13 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:13 PM
    Why havent you added the tracking number to the case showing it was delivered?
    Originally posted by alykatz
    My thoughts exactly , if you have tracking showing delivery then it is a slam dunk win for the OP.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,167Posts Today

7,333Users online

Martin's Twitter