Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • janethou
    • By janethou 5th Aug 18, 10:23 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    janethou
    O2 Refund
    • 5th Aug 18, 10:23 PM
    O2 Refund 5th Aug 18 at 10:23 PM
    Hi all, advice please! I bought a mobile phone from O2 on 6th January for 464 on my credit card (barclaycard). Anyway, I came to my senses and returned it a couple of days later and went elsewhere. For some strange reason, I did not check my credit card statement at the time. I do remember getting a receipt for the refund (obviously I had to produce the original as proof of purchase). I have obviously put it somewhere safe at the time, but no idea where! I have today been looking for something else on my credit card statement and whilst I can see the original purchase for 464, I cannot see any refund. I have gone through right up to April, and no credit from o2. I have scoured the place and can't find the receipt for the refund . I am usually so on the ball with these things, obviously not here!!. I am right in thinking that it must have been put back onto the card that I originally used? I have contacted barclaycard and they cannot see a refund either. If i go to the shop, I have no proof that I returned the phone at all!! I am thinking the shop should have a record of the sale and stock at that time??? Any suggestions welcome! Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 6th Aug 18, 6:51 AM
    • 11,814 Posts
    • 8,553 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 6th Aug 18, 6:51 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 6:51 AM
    Was this all done instore or online? Either go back to the store in question or contact O2 customer services.
    • janethou
    • By janethou 6th Aug 18, 10:44 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    janethou
    • 6th Aug 18, 10:44 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 10:44 AM
    It was in store. I've tried ringing customer services but no joy so far, can't seem to get the right person to speak to.
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 6th Aug 18, 11:14 AM
    • 4,019 Posts
    • 6,937 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:14 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:14 AM
    Just go back to the store and speak to them. Are you certain you were given a full refund to card? Was it maybe store credit instead which would be on your receipt? Not everywhere offers cash refunds on change of mind returns.

Or is it possible you didn't have that card with you on the day and the refund was put onto another card instead? Have you checked all of your accounts?
    • janethou
    • By janethou 6th Aug 18, 12:40 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    janethou
    • 6th Aug 18, 12:40 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 12:40 PM
    I'm sure the refund went onto the card as I remember being in pain doing the transaction as it was a large amount! I have checked my other cards, nothing there. I have spoken to the store who say there isn't a sale on the day the transaction has gone out of my credit card account, only one a few days later which doesn't add up! They also say that their records only go back to feb wich also doesn't quite add up if they're saying that there wasn't a transaction on the 6th! I am confused! I have written to complaints dept now to ask them to investigate. Worried I won't have a leg to stand on without that receipt!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

124Posts Today

1,726Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @GillsSarah: Interesting! I always used to buy big name products cos I thought they?d be stronger. @MartinSLewis has changed my mind on?

• RT @think_jessica: Think Jessica the Film 30 min doc/drama based on my mother?s true story. Narrated by @MartinSLewis is now live on https:?

• RT @kelsher123: @MartinSLewis First time switcher! And no, it wasn?t as challenging as I thought???? A British Gas customer so no brainier. Th?

• Follow Martin