Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sjt26
    • By sjt26 5th Aug 18, 9:23 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sjt26
    Missed Appeal Window
    • 5th Aug 18, 9:23 PM
    Missed Appeal Window 5th Aug 18 at 9:23 PM
    Hello folks,

I apologise if any of this has been covered already, but I've been trawling through information for a few days and I can't quite find what I'm looking for. I'll try to keep this as brief as I can.

I've received 2 'PCNs' from a private car park run by One Solution Parking. It was not clear that this was a car park - very poor signage, unlit, entrance marked only by road paint. The period of parking was 5 mins or less each time.

I've got a lot of good information from this site already about my grounds for appeal. Unfortunately, because I recently moved house, I only received the NtKs after the appeal window had closed. I've appealed, but One Solution Parking have refused to issue me a POPLA code because it is outside the appeal window. So now I'm a bit stuck. What do I do?

I've got an example of an NtK (all looks POFA 2012 compliant to me...), photos of the poor signage around the carpark itself, my appeal letter to them, and their response, but can't post a link to Dropbox yet as I'm a new user. I'll see if I can post these subsequently.

Perhaps this is relevant, but the company took a lot of footage with their CCTV / ANPR camera, which they have since referred to in their reply, including identifying the person using a nearby coffee shop. Is this legitimate use of data? Surely this is not POFA or GDPR compliant?

Anyway... I'd must appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

In short - how do I get them to give me a POPLA code even though the appeal window has closed?

Many thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 5th Aug 18, 9:31 PM
    • 18,892 Posts
    • 29,743 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 5th Aug 18, 9:31 PM
    • 5th Aug 18, 9:31 PM
    In short - how do I get them to give me a POPLA code even though the appeal window has closed?
    You can't, unless you really bone yourself up on the Alternative Dispute Resolution legislation (not something this forum involves itself with) and tackle them through that legislation. But they are arguing you've missed their 28 day deadline, tough, no POPLA for you.

I've appealed, but One Solution Parking have refused to issue me a POPLA code because it is outside the appeal window. So now I'm a bit stuck. What do I do?
    Ignore anything and everything that comes your way, other than a LBC or MCOL Claim (read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #5 for acronyms). Defend this in court if the situation presents itself. Whether it will or won't, make up your own mind.

https://padi.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211765025-One-Parking-Solution-Ltd

http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/One_Parking_Solution.html
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 6th Aug 18, 10:09 AM
    • 2,983 Posts
    • 1,856 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 6th Aug 18, 10:09 AM
    • 6th Aug 18, 10:09 AM
    Ignore anything and everything that comes your way, other than a LBC or MCOL Claim (read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #5 for acronyms). Defend this in court if the situation presents itself. Whether it will or won't, make up your own mind.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    But do keep every letter and e-mail that you subsequently receive as evidence should it later be required for small claims court.
    • sjt26
    • By sjt26 8th Aug 18, 11:02 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sjt26
    • 8th Aug 18, 11:02 AM
    • 8th Aug 18, 11:02 AM
    Thanks for the quick replies, Umkomaas and Le_Kirk. I'll document everything, sit tight and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Sam
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,692Posts Today

7,302Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin